Show went like a dream, says director
WHEN The Art Centre in Dunmow decided to put on a production of Joseph and His Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, it wasn t just a case of any dream will do. The performance that 33 youngsters aged between seven and 16 gave on Friday afternoon was impressive
WHEN The Art Centre in Dunmow decided to put on a production of Joseph and His Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, it wasn't just a case of any dream will do.
The performance that 33 youngsters aged between seven and 16 gave on Friday
afternoon was impressive, especially
considering the whole cast had just four days to learn their parts.
You may also want to watch:
Mikki Rom, artistic director, explained: "We do these workshops every summer, Easter and half term and they are all done over a week. We find it makes for a really fun week that everyone enjoys."
Youths from as far afield as Colchester came to take part in the production.
- 1 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 2 Lionel the Giant Perch is 'the perfect addition'
- 3 Takeley virtual consultation opens
- 4 Ram-raid gang member absconds from Suffolk jail
- 5 Dunmow tributes to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 6 Lockdown easing: 'Shop abuse will not be tolerated'
- 7 They're record breakers! Self-test attracts worldwide support
- 8 Dunmow businesses delighted to be back as lockdown eases
- 9 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 10 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
Taking the lead of Joseph was 12-year-
old Christopher Larkin who had never
been to, let alone performed at, the Haslers Lane-based centre before.
"I was delighted with the way everyone worked so hard to put on such a great
performance," said Miss Rom. "The
atmosphere in the audience when we did the show was amazing and they really got into it and were humming the tunes afterwards."
The next acting workshop at The Art
Centre (Dunmow) will take place between October 22-26 and the production will be The Wiz, a version of The Wizard of Oz made famous by Diana Ross and Michael Jackson. Availability is limited to 35 people. To book your place call Mikki Rom on