Sheriff shoots into arts centre
THE SHERIFF of Essex found herself on the receiving end of a somewhat cheeky reception at the arts centre in great Dunmow last week, when one young star to be asked her if she was going to shoot anybody! Sheriff Diana Kemp-Welch took the question in good
THE SHERIFF of Essex found herself on the receiving end of a somewhat cheeky reception at the arts centre in great Dunmow last week, when one young star to be asked her if she was going to shoot anybody!
Sheriff Diana Kemp-Welch took the question in good spirit amongst the giggles as she congratulated the art centre team on their fine achievements in the past year and to wish them luck for a prosperous 2008 as the arts centre undergoes extensive renovation.
She said: "Thank you to all the staff, volunteers and children for welcoming me so warmly, and congratulations to you all for your courageous initiative, drive, drive, talent and professional skills that have enabled you to realise your vision of the arts centre in Great Dunmow."
Manager Jacky Rom invited the sheriff to visit The Arts
You may also want to watch:
Centre to see for herself all the work that has been done there.
The most recent completion was the 'Dunmow Diner' for art centre users, made possible by a grant of £5000 donated by the Essex Youth Capital Fund.
- 1 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 2 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 3 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 4 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 5 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history
- 6 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 7 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 8 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 9 Summer art competition for children launched by school
- 10 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
Four other projects include introducing a a lift, a toilet block, a small playground and a recording studio.