Sheriff shoots into arts centre
THE SHERIFF of Essex found herself on the receiving end of a somewhat cheeky reception at the arts centre in great Dunmow last week, when one young star to be asked her if she was going to shoot anybody! Sheriff Diana Kemp-Welch took the question in good
THE SHERIFF of Essex found herself on the receiving end of a somewhat cheeky reception at the arts centre in great Dunmow last week, when one young star to be asked her if she was going to shoot anybody!
Sheriff Diana Kemp-Welch took the question in good spirit amongst the giggles as she congratulated the art centre team on their fine achievements in the past year and to wish them luck for a prosperous 2008 as the arts centre undergoes extensive renovation.
She said: "Thank you to all the staff, volunteers and children for welcoming me so warmly, and congratulations to you all for your courageous initiative, drive, drive, talent and professional skills that have enabled you to realise your vision of the arts centre in Great Dunmow."
Manager Jacky Rom invited the sheriff to visit The Arts
You may also want to watch:
Centre to see for herself all the work that has been done there.
The most recent completion was the 'Dunmow Diner' for art centre users, made possible by a grant of £5000 donated by the Essex Youth Capital Fund.
- 1 WATCH: Thaxted Morris Men dance together again
- 2 School thanks 'Super Trouper' Carol
- 3 More than 200 people join the search for missing A120 cat, Daisy
- 4 School class in Dunmow wins national award
- 5 Garden restoration project joy after public appeal help
- 6 Essex's Ben Maher takes Tokyo 2020 gold
- 7 Gold filling 'worth about £50' found in Tesco granola squares pack
- 8 Incredible undefeated season at first time of asking for Dunmow Rovers U7 Tigers
- 9 In this week's paper: Dunmow Broadcast on Thursday August 5
- 10 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
Four other projects include introducing a a lift, a toilet block, a small playground and a recording studio.