Sheriff shoots into arts centre
THE SHERIFF of Essex found herself on the receiving end of a somewhat cheeky reception at the arts centre in great Dunmow last week, when one young star to be asked her if she was going to shoot anybody! Sheriff Diana Kemp-Welch took the question in good
THE SHERIFF of Essex found herself on the receiving end of a somewhat cheeky reception at the arts centre in great Dunmow last week, when one young star to be asked her if she was going to shoot anybody!
Sheriff Diana Kemp-Welch took the question in good spirit amongst the giggles as she congratulated the art centre team on their fine achievements in the past year and to wish them luck for a prosperous 2008 as the arts centre undergoes extensive renovation.
She said: "Thank you to all the staff, volunteers and children for welcoming me so warmly, and congratulations to you all for your courageous initiative, drive, drive, talent and professional skills that have enabled you to realise your vision of the arts centre in Great Dunmow."
Manager Jacky Rom invited the sheriff to visit The Arts
Centre to see for herself all the work that has been done there.
The most recent completion was the 'Dunmow Diner' for art centre users, made possible by a grant of £5000 donated by the Essex Youth Capital Fund.
- 1 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 2 Hannah Mortier returns to boxing to raise awareness of the fight against domestic violence
- 3 A giant snail, sporting success and live music: school news
- 4 Visit Great Yarmouth for a family staycation
- 5 How the proposed energy price cap changes could affect your bills
- 6 Life-saving kit that residents hope they will never use
- 7 Dunmow Velo: New group ride for beginners as RideLondon due
- 8 Dunmow pilots airlift medical aid to help Ukraine
- 9 Stebbing Tractor Run: This is the new route for 2022
- 10 Man dies at the scene of A120 'incident'
Four other projects include introducing a a lift, a toilet block, a small playground and a recording studio.