Shakespearian theatre company perform at Dunmow school's literary festival
WELL-KNOWN Shakespearian theatre company The Lord Chamberlain s Men performed at a school s Year Eight literary festival on Wednesday. The group staged its version of Shakespeare s Twelfth Night at the Helena Romanes School in Great Dunmow, for students,
WELL-KNOWN Shakespearian theatre company The Lord Chamberlain's Men performed at a school's Year Eight literary festival on Wednesday.
The group staged its version of Shakespeare's Twelfth Night at the Helena Romanes School in Great Dunmow, for students, staff and town mayor Gwynn Davies.
As part of the literary festival the company gave workshops on stage combat, Elizabethan dance, Elizabethan music, costume design and theatre advertisement and promotion.
A school spokesman said: "It was a wonderful performance from The Lord Chamberlain's Men and it brought Shakespeare's comedy to life for the students. The company is made up of only male actors so it was performed as it would have been in Shakespeare's time.
You may also want to watch:
"The workshops were very enjoyable and varied and gave the students an insight into Elizabethan life. They learnt a lot from them as well as having fun.
"All of the students study Shakespeare's plays so I'm sure taking part in the literary festival has been a real benefit to them.
- 1 Distraction theft in Dunmow leaves woman without handbag
- 2 Secretary of state to consider overturning Finchingfield houses approval
- 3 Police appeal after clothing theft from donation container
- 4 Villages around Great Dunmow covered in frost and snow
- 5 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 6 Church received £31,000 grant for restoration purposes
- 7 Community helps foodbank under pressure
- 8 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 9 Red engraved gem from iron ring is older than was previously thought
- 10 Covid jabs have started at Broomfield Hospital's Vaccination Hub