Shakespearian theatre company perform at Dunmow school's literary festival
WELL-KNOWN Shakespearian theatre company The Lord Chamberlain s Men performed at a school s Year Eight literary festival on Wednesday. The group staged its version of Shakespeare s Twelfth Night at the Helena Romanes School in Great Dunmow, for students,
WELL-KNOWN Shakespearian theatre company The Lord Chamberlain's Men performed at a school's Year Eight literary festival on Wednesday.
The group staged its version of Shakespeare's Twelfth Night at the Helena Romanes School in Great Dunmow, for students, staff and town mayor Gwynn Davies.
As part of the literary festival the company gave workshops on stage combat, Elizabethan dance, Elizabethan music, costume design and theatre advertisement and promotion.
A school spokesman said: "It was a wonderful performance from The Lord Chamberlain's Men and it brought Shakespeare's comedy to life for the students. The company is made up of only male actors so it was performed as it would have been in Shakespeare's time.
You may also want to watch:
"The workshops were very enjoyable and varied and gave the students an insight into Elizabethan life. They learnt a lot from them as well as having fun.
"All of the students study Shakespeare's plays so I'm sure taking part in the literary festival has been a real benefit to them.
- 1 'That's more like it' roars Takeley's John Hedges after comfortable win in pro fight number two
- 2 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation
- 3 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 4 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 5 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 6 Doorbell crimes in Thaxted see one ‘ripped off’ before suspect flees
- 7 Rise in dog thefts during lockdown, says charity
- 8 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 9 New Dunmow school approved but safety fears aired
- 10 April 12: Five pub gardens and five shops you can visit in Uttlesford