Sex education grants available for Essex teens with bright ideas
A CHARITY is offering sex and relationship education grants to young people in the East of England. Sexual health and HIV charity, the Terrence Higgins Trust (THT), is offering grants of up to �1000 to young people in the area. The grants will be given to
A CHARITY is offering sex and relationship education grants to young people in the East of England.
Sexual health and HIV charity, the Terrence Higgins Trust (THT), is offering grants of up to �1000 to young people in the area.
The grants will be given to those who come up with innovative and creative ideas about how to educate their friends about relationships and sex.
The deadline for applications is Sunday October 25.
You may also want to watch:
The grants are being offering as part of THT's young leaders' project - a peer led sex and relationship education project for teens aged 13-19.
Funded by the big lottery fund, the project asks young people to build up their own and other young people's knowledge around issues like safer sex, relationships and sexually transmitted infections.
- 1 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 2 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 3 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 4 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe
- 5 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 6 Stations benefit from funding
- 7 Covid jabs have started at Broomfield Hospital's Vaccination Hub
- 8 Rape victim urges others to be brave and tell Essex Police
- 9 Police seek witnesses to two vehicle collision
- 10 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
By giving out grants, THT aims to give young people the opportunity to make a positive impact in their community.
Young leaders participation officer for the East of England, Mishelle Looker, said: "If we like your idea THT will give you the money to make it happen. All you need to do is get together with your youth club, school or college to develop your idea and make an application to your local Young Leaders Regional Board.
"So far, we have funded some brilliant projects, but we're sure there are more out there. If you are aged 13-19, and have an idea about how you can get your friends talking about sex, we would love to hear about it."
For more information on Young Leaders and to download an application pack and guidance notes visit www.tht.org.uk/youknowyou.