Sessions will give MS advice
The East Herts and West Essex branch of the Multiple Sclerosis Society is embarking on a new series of information events, aimed at anyone affected by the condition. The free bi-monthly sessions will cover a range of topics such as managing MS symptoms
The East Herts and West Essex branch of the Multiple Sclerosis Society is embarking on a new series of information events, aimed at anyone affected by the condition.
The free bi-monthly sessions will cover a range of topics such as managing MS symptoms and pain, to starting a family and there will also be specific information for carers of people with MS.
It is thought that MS affects around one in 800 people, and it is described as the most common disabling neurological condition in young adults. The first information event will be aimed at those diagnosed in the last two years and is called 'MS...What now?'
The session will include information about MS from a local neurologist and advice on how to access support from the MS nurse.
Organiser and branch committee member Nancy Burge said: "Taking on board the news that you have MS can be really difficult and can be made even worse by a general lack of information.
"We want to make sure that people get the information and support they need, as well as providing the opportunity for people to meet others in similar circumstances."
- 1 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 2 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 3 New speed check groups to start: Rayne duo share experiences
- 4 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 5 The Silver Wolf, highest Scouting honour, for Neville Wilson
- 6 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 7 Emergency bananas rescue man's 875-mile solo cycle challenge
- 8 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 9 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 10 Man dies at the scene of A120 'incident'
The event will take place on June 20 at 7.00pm at Harlow's Latton Bush Centre.
For more information or to book your place call 07880 828858.