Sessions will give MS advice
The East Herts and West Essex branch of the Multiple Sclerosis Society is embarking on a new series of information events, aimed at anyone affected by the condition. The free bi-monthly sessions will cover a range of topics such as managing MS symptoms
The East Herts and West Essex branch of the Multiple Sclerosis Society is embarking on a new series of information events, aimed at anyone affected by the condition.
The free bi-monthly sessions will cover a range of topics such as managing MS symptoms and pain, to starting a family and there will also be specific information for carers of people with MS.
It is thought that MS affects around one in 800 people, and it is described as the most common disabling neurological condition in young adults. The first information event will be aimed at those diagnosed in the last two years and is called 'MS...What now?'
The session will include information about MS from a local neurologist and advice on how to access support from the MS nurse.
You may also want to watch:
Organiser and branch committee member Nancy Burge said: "Taking on board the news that you have MS can be really difficult and can be made even worse by a general lack of information.
"We want to make sure that people get the information and support they need, as well as providing the opportunity for people to meet others in similar circumstances."
- 1 New Stansted business park could support more than 3,000 jobs
- 2 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 3 New Hylands Estate parking charges explained
- 4 Bid to 'join' Dunmow and Easton with more than 1,000 homes blocked
- 5 Ball bearings shot at Leaden Roding car
- 6 'Outstanding' Town Award winners unveiled
- 7 Essex Highways proposes 11-week closure to main road near Thaxted
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
- 10 Katie Price's alleged attacker re-bailed into November, police confirm
The event will take place on June 20 at 7.00pm at Harlow's Latton Bush Centre.
For more information or to book your place call 07880 828858.