Second suspect arrested in connection with Halstead pub assault
- Credit: Archant
DETECTIVES investigating an alleged assault at a pub in Toppesfield, near Halstead, have arrested a second suspect.
A 26-year-old man from the Halstead area has been arrested on suspicion of GBH and bailed until June 9.
Police had already arrested a 35-year-old man from the Halstead area on suspicion of the same offence and bailed him until July 18.
The alleged incident happened at the Green Man pub, in Church Lane, in the early hours of May 26. A fight occurred in a beer tent at the back of the pub involving a group of men.
A 39-year-old man from Halstead received serious fractures to his face and was detained in hospital overnight, but may require reconstructive surgery.
You may also want to watch:
Police are renewing their appeal for witnesses as there were many people in the beer tent that night that are yet to come forward.
Anyone with information should call Braintree CID on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 2 A12 upgrade: 'The people who live here are not being considered'
- 3 Helena Romanes homes plan 'harmful urbanisation' says council
- 4 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 5 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 6 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 7 'Not now, Bernard' - Children's concert to open Saffron Walden Symphony Orchestra's new season
- 8 Essex initiative to support children in hospital reaches milestone
- 9 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 10 Community trees and bulbs to help tackle climate change