Second suspect arrested in connection with Halstead pub assault
- Credit: Archant
DETECTIVES investigating an alleged assault at a pub in Toppesfield, near Halstead, have arrested a second suspect.
A 26-year-old man from the Halstead area has been arrested on suspicion of GBH and bailed until June 9.
Police had already arrested a 35-year-old man from the Halstead area on suspicion of the same offence and bailed him until July 18.
The alleged incident happened at the Green Man pub, in Church Lane, in the early hours of May 26. A fight occurred in a beer tent at the back of the pub involving a group of men.
A 39-year-old man from Halstead received serious fractures to his face and was detained in hospital overnight, but may require reconstructive surgery.
You may also want to watch:
Police are renewing their appeal for witnesses as there were many people in the beer tent that night that are yet to come forward.
Anyone with information should call Braintree CID on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 2 Dunmow tributes to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 3 Online Young Musician competition launched by Dunmow Rotarians
- 4 Lockdown easing: 'Shop abuse will not be tolerated'
- 5 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 6 Care at home: what is it, and how can it help?
- 7 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 8 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 9 Saffron Walden Musical Theatre Company announces musicals
- 10 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation