Second suspect arrested in connection with Halstead pub assault
- Credit: Archant
DETECTIVES investigating an alleged assault at a pub in Toppesfield, near Halstead, have arrested a second suspect.
A 26-year-old man from the Halstead area has been arrested on suspicion of GBH and bailed until June 9.
Police had already arrested a 35-year-old man from the Halstead area on suspicion of the same offence and bailed him until July 18.
The alleged incident happened at the Green Man pub, in Church Lane, in the early hours of May 26. A fight occurred in a beer tent at the back of the pub involving a group of men.
A 39-year-old man from Halstead received serious fractures to his face and was detained in hospital overnight, but may require reconstructive surgery.
You may also want to watch:
Police are renewing their appeal for witnesses as there were many people in the beer tent that night that are yet to come forward.
Anyone with information should call Braintree CID on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 2 Broomfield staff facing a 'battlefield scenario' in Covid fight
- 3 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 4 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 5 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 6 Try this at home: Chef Webb from MasterChef's latest recipe
- 7 Hot lunches to support more vulnerable in community
- 8 Hospice at home service in seventh year but Covid impact 'challenging'
- 9 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 10 Former POW camp on council heritage list