Nostalgic games such as hook a duck brings seaside retreat closer to home in Dunmow
- Credit: Croft House
Croft House care home residents in Great Dunmow had an afternoon of summer fun, with the theme of a seaside retreat.
There were nostalgic games such as hook a duck, target archery, and pin the tail on the donkey.
They had their pictures taken posing with a seaside photo board, and enjoyed a fish and chip supper and an ice cream from a vintage cart.
Resident Anne Holman Chappell said: “We all had such a wonderful day, sitting in the sun and reminiscing about weekends and holidays spent at the seaside.
“I haven’t played some of these games since I was a little girl, so really enjoyed reliving a little bit of my childhood.”
You may also want to watch:
Bupa care home manager Jo Harmon said: “We’re always looking to create new experiences for our residents and are thrilled to say this fun-filled day was a success. It was particularly great to see everyone reminiscing and enjoying the traditions of a visit to the British seaside.”
- 1 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 2 A12 upgrade: 'The people who live here are not being considered'
- 3 Helena Romanes homes plan 'harmful urbanisation' says council
- 4 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 5 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 6 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 7 'Not now, Bernard' - Children's concert to open Saffron Walden Symphony Orchestra's new season
- 8 Essex initiative to support children in hospital reaches milestone
- 9 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 10 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault