Police in Hertfordshire call off search for missing 24-year-old man
- Credit: Hertfordshire Constabulary
A body has been found in a reservoir on the Essex-Hertfordshire border.
Officers from Hertfordshire Constabulary have called off the search for missing 24-year-old man Lewis Saggers following the discovery.
A police spokesperson said: "Police have suspended the search for missing Lewis Saggers after a body was discovered in Hadham Hall reservoir yesterday afternoon (Thursday, July 21).
"Formal identification is yet to take place, but his next of kin have been informed.
"We ask that their privacy is respected at this very difficult time.
"Thank you to everyone who shared our appeals to trace him."
Lewis was last seen at around 4pm on Tuesday, July 19 swimming in the reservoir in East Herts, near Bishop's Stortford.
- 1 Overnight closures planned for electrical works on M11 junction
- 2 IN PICTURES: Simple Minds kick off this year's Heritage Live concerts at Audley End House & Gardens
- 3 Driver admits causing serious injury by dangerous driving in Essex crash
- 4 Elbow stage times for Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 5 Upcoming changes to bus routes in Great Dunmow
- 6 Motorist who 'appeared to be driving at other vehicles' in Essex arrested
- 7 Alice in Wonderland cast announced for Bridge End Gardens performances in Saffron Walden
- 8 Autumn Rural Ramble to return to the Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 9 Dunmow pupils put on a show for public with Rock of Ages
- 10 Uttlesford District Council to take part in energy rebate scheme
According to police Hertfordshire, he had connections with Great Dunmow, Thaxted and Clavering in Essex.