Scrumptious Tearooms is in the running to be named Britain’s Friendliest Business
- Credit: Archant
Scrumptious Tearooms in Great Dunmow is in the running to be named Britain’s Friendliest Business.
The eatery, based in Market Place, beat some stiff competition to become one of 20 finalists in the award sponsored by Liberis, one of the UK’s largest providers of small business funding.
If it wins the owner Jane Turton will receive a cash award of £10,000.
The company impressed judges with its strong entry making the case as to why it should win the award.
Scrumptious uses local, seasonal produce in its traditional afternoon teas and all unused food is donated to local help centres.
You may also want to watch:
Staff hold charity fundraising events and host monthly ‘Knit & Natter’ groups and the owners are part of the local Town Team, a group that pulls businesses together to increase the footfall of UK high streets.
Paul Mildenstein, CEO of Liberis, said: “We’ve been bowled over by the quality of entries and the obvious passion and devotion that Britain’s small businesses give to make sure their customers get the very best service.
- 1 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 2 Dunmow tributes to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 3 Online Young Musician competition launched by Dunmow Rotarians
- 4 Lockdown easing: 'Shop abuse will not be tolerated'
- 5 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 6 Care at home: what is it, and how can it help?
- 7 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 8 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 9 Saffron Walden Musical Theatre Company announces musicals
- 10 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation
“They should all be celebrated, but Scrumptious Tearooms really stood out.”
Each finalist now has to get as many Facebook Likes as possible as part of the final stage of the competition.
The number of Likes received will be considered by the judges when they make their final decision on the winner.
Support the businesses on Twitter @LiberisUK using the hashtag #BFBiz and on Facebook at facebook.com/BritainsFriendliestBiz.
The winner and two runners up of Britain’s Friendliest Business competition will be announced at the end of February.