Scrumptious Tearooms is in the running to be named Britain’s Friendliest Business
- Credit: Archant
Scrumptious Tearooms in Great Dunmow is in the running to be named Britain’s Friendliest Business.
The eatery, based in Market Place, beat some stiff competition to become one of 20 finalists in the award sponsored by Liberis, one of the UK’s largest providers of small business funding.
If it wins the owner Jane Turton will receive a cash award of £10,000.
The company impressed judges with its strong entry making the case as to why it should win the award.
Scrumptious uses local, seasonal produce in its traditional afternoon teas and all unused food is donated to local help centres.
Staff hold charity fundraising events and host monthly ‘Knit & Natter’ groups and the owners are part of the local Town Team, a group that pulls businesses together to increase the footfall of UK high streets.
Paul Mildenstein, CEO of Liberis, said: “We’ve been bowled over by the quality of entries and the obvious passion and devotion that Britain’s small businesses give to make sure their customers get the very best service.
- 1 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 2 A giant snail, sporting success and live music: school news
- 3 Hannah Mortier returns to boxing to raise awareness of the fight against domestic violence
- 4 Visit Great Yarmouth for a family staycation
- 5 How the proposed energy price cap changes could affect your bills
- 6 Life-saving kit that residents hope they will never use
- 7 Dunmow Velo: New group ride for beginners as RideLondon due
- 8 Dunmow pilots airlift medical aid to help Ukraine
- 9 Stebbing Tractor Run: This is the new route for 2022
- 10 Aythorpe Roding come up short in league opener
“They should all be celebrated, but Scrumptious Tearooms really stood out.”
Each finalist now has to get as many Facebook Likes as possible as part of the final stage of the competition.
The number of Likes received will be considered by the judges when they make their final decision on the winner.
Support the businesses on Twitter @LiberisUK using the hashtag #BFBiz and on Facebook at facebook.com/BritainsFriendliestBiz.
The winner and two runners up of Britain’s Friendliest Business competition will be announced at the end of February.