Scrumptious Tearooms is in the running to be named Britain’s Friendliest Business
- Credit: Archant
Scrumptious Tearooms in Great Dunmow is in the running to be named Britain’s Friendliest Business.
The eatery, based in Market Place, beat some stiff competition to become one of 20 finalists in the award sponsored by Liberis, one of the UK’s largest providers of small business funding.
If it wins the owner Jane Turton will receive a cash award of £10,000.
The company impressed judges with its strong entry making the case as to why it should win the award.
Scrumptious uses local, seasonal produce in its traditional afternoon teas and all unused food is donated to local help centres.
You may also want to watch:
Staff hold charity fundraising events and host monthly ‘Knit & Natter’ groups and the owners are part of the local Town Team, a group that pulls businesses together to increase the footfall of UK high streets.
Paul Mildenstein, CEO of Liberis, said: “We’ve been bowled over by the quality of entries and the obvious passion and devotion that Britain’s small businesses give to make sure their customers get the very best service.
- 1 Secretary of state to consider overturning Finchingfield houses approval
- 2 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 3 Villages around Great Dunmow covered in frost and snow
- 4 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 5 Red engraved gem from iron ring is older than was previously thought
- 6 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 7 Dozens of illegal fishing nets and traps seized during pandemic
- 8 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 9 Seventh flood in Great Bardfield breaks pavement
- 10 Former POW camp on council heritage list
“They should all be celebrated, but Scrumptious Tearooms really stood out.”
Each finalist now has to get as many Facebook Likes as possible as part of the final stage of the competition.
The number of Likes received will be considered by the judges when they make their final decision on the winner.
Support the businesses on Twitter @LiberisUK using the hashtag #BFBiz and on Facebook at facebook.com/BritainsFriendliestBiz.
The winner and two runners up of Britain’s Friendliest Business competition will be announced at the end of February.