Scrubs in Liberty prints for community nurses who treat new mums in Essex
- Credit: Archant
To cheer up new mums who may be suffering mental health problems, a team of community nurses are wearing scrubs made of Liberty prints.
To cheer up new mums who may be suffering mental health problems, a team of community nurses are wearing scrubs made out of Liberty prints.
The fabric was donated by Liberty of London and sewn by volunteers.
The floral patterned trousers and tops are designed to wear over the team’s clothing. The team can still wear PPE (personal protection equipment) where needed.
The perinatal mental health team provides specialist treatment for new and expectant mums struggling with their mental health.
You may also want to watch:
Caroline Bogle, perinatal mental health service manager at Essex Partnership University Trust, said: “Maternal Mental Health Awareness Week is a campaign dedicated to talking about maternal mental illness during and after pregnancy.
“Becoming a new mum can be a wonderful experience but it can also be a difficult and lonely time, perhaps even more so during this period of social isolation.
- 1 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 2 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 3 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 4 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 5 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 6 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 7 Felsted announces STEM competition winners
- 8 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 9 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 10 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
“I would like to reassure any new and expectant mums who are struggling that we are open and ready to help. We have adapted how we deliver our services during this time so that we can continue to ensure that women receive care and support in a safe way, when they need it most.
“I would like to thank Liberty London for the very generous donation of fabric and the Chelmsford-based volunteers who lovingly sewed the garments for our community teams.