Scouts bag funds for equipment
CHRISTMAS food shoppers were given a helping hand by the 1st Saffron Walden Scouts Group in the run up to Christmas. The little helpers took some of the stress out of shopping for people visiting the Asda store in Cambridge on December 17 and 18. The grou
CHRISTMAS food shoppers were given a helping hand by the 1st Saffron Walden Scouts Group in the run up to Christmas.
The little helpers took some of the stress out of shopping for people visiting the Asda store in Cambridge on December 17 and 18.
The group of nearly 20 Explorers, Scouts, Cubs and Beavers raised a substantial amount of cash through their helpful bag packing, adding £527.99 to the 1st Saffron Walden Scout Group's coffers.
Scout Leader of the group, Kevin Rule, said: "We would like to thank all of the people who visited Asda that day for their generosity and especially Asda for having us there, their staff were very helpful.
"It was a tiring day, but the amount raised was a tribute to the hard work that the group's members put in, particularly those that stayed all day."
The money will be spent on new equipment and has put the Scout Group closer to being able to purchase a trailer for outings.
- 1 A giant snail, sporting success and live music: school news
- 2 Hannah Mortier returns to boxing to raise awareness of the fight against domestic violence
- 3 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 4 How the proposed energy price cap changes could affect your bills
- 5 Visit Great Yarmouth for a family staycation
- 6 Stebbing Tractor Run: This is the new route for 2022
- 7 Jailed: 'Selfish' 135mph driver spotted speeding on M11 near Woodford
- 8 Dunmow Velo: New group ride for beginners as RideLondon due
- 9 Dunmow pilots airlift medical aid to help Ukraine
- 10 Aythorpe Roding come up short in league opener
Anybody aged between six and 18 can enter the Scout Movement, where they will gain vital skills and make new friends.
If you are interested in joining the group or want more information, call Kevin Rule on 01799 501462.