Scooter ride through Finchingfield and Wethersfield raises hundreds for village hall
- Credit: Archant
Almost 100 scooter enthusiasts from far and wide joined in a bank holiday ride through winding roads and villages, including Finchingfield.
The ride, organised by the Beers 'n' Larfs Scooter Club is estimated to have raised more than £320 towards Wethersfield Village Hall.
Beers 'n' Larfs Scooter Club member Paulo Lopez said: "We all met up with many old and new friends. There was lots of mingling and admiration of the scooters by all. We turned some heads at Finchingfield too, with lots of friendly waves and appreciation. Special thanks to Steve Butler, Russel Hardy and Lois, our "last man Charlie" outrider."
The 60-mile round trip began at The Old Bell Inn, in Sawbridgeworth, stopping off at Wethersfield where riders enjoyed brunch and homemade cakes.
The money raised from the refreshments will go towards Wethersfield Village hall.
You may also want to watch:
The day finished with a barbeque.
- 1 Council agrees to 'complicated' parking charges at Hylands Park
- 2 Rural ramblers efforts for Helen Rollason Cancer Charity
- 3 Universal Credit: Help is still out there, says Essex County Council
- 4 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
- 5 Book exchange opens in Dunmow
- 6 It's pumpkin picking season again at Cammas Hall Farm as Halloween approaches
- 7 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 8 Tributes paid to PC Tris Baker who died in Roxwell collision
- 9 Conservative MP David Amess dies after being stabbed in Essex constituency
- 10 Hylands Park's new parking charges will be lowered, says council