Scooter ride through Finchingfield and Wethersfield raises hundreds for village hall
- Credit: Archant
Almost 100 scooter enthusiasts from far and wide joined in a bank holiday ride through winding roads and villages, including Finchingfield.
The ride, organised by the Beers 'n' Larfs Scooter Club is estimated to have raised more than £320 towards Wethersfield Village Hall.
Beers 'n' Larfs Scooter Club member Paulo Lopez said: "We all met up with many old and new friends. There was lots of mingling and admiration of the scooters by all. We turned some heads at Finchingfield too, with lots of friendly waves and appreciation. Special thanks to Steve Butler, Russel Hardy and Lois, our "last man Charlie" outrider."
The 60-mile round trip began at The Old Bell Inn, in Sawbridgeworth, stopping off at Wethersfield where riders enjoyed brunch and homemade cakes.
The money raised from the refreshments will go towards Wethersfield Village hall.
You may also want to watch:
The day finished with a barbeque.
- 1 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 2 Care at home: what is it, and how can it help?
- 3 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 4 Stansted author to release second novel
- 5 Take away Covid self tests from Thaxted library
- 6 More work needed ahead of holiday easing, Stansted says
- 7 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 8 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 9 Stop Stansted Expansion campaign group to rebrand
- 10 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations