Socially distanced school sports day fun at Takeley
- Credit: Archant
Children at The Christian School in Takeley enjoyed a socially distanced sports day
Children at The Christian School in Takeley enjoyed a socially distanced sports day.
Pupils in the early years and infants took part in welly wanging, long jumping, hurdling, football dribbling and running, while still practising good hand hygiene and appropriate distancing.
Teacher Kate Wilkinson said: “Thankfully the showers stayed away and the pupils were rewarded with fruit, a treat and a certificate for their efforts.
“As a school with very small class sizes we have been able to welcome back all pupils from nursery to Year two since mid-June. During lockdown, we provided face to face lessons to pupils including our youngest who were able to gather daily for online teaching, circle times, stories, assemblies and prayer.
You may also want to watch:
“We wanted to bring the children together in a fun, outdoor way before the end of the school year, in order to give them a much-needed break from the changes of the past three months.”
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 3 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 4 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 5 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 6 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease