School’s £500,000 hall
PEOPLE in Finchingfield got a sneak preview of the village s new school assembly hall at an open evening on Monday. The hall is the first phase of extensive renovations at the Vicarage Road primary school, which include a new library, staff room, outdoor
PEOPLE in Finchingfield got a sneak preview of the village's new school assembly hall at an open evening on Monday.
The hall is the first phase of extensive renovations at the Vicarage Road primary school, which include a new library, staff room, outdoor play area and a newly resurfaced playground.
Head teacher Paula Hagan said: The new hall brings the school into the 21st century. At last our vision for the future is finally coming together.
"Now we have the best of both worlds, in terms of space we have a large school but with guaranteed small class numbers."
You may also want to watch:
The opening evening was a chance for the community to see the culmination of five years of planning and nine months of building on site. The 144sq metre building has cost almost half a million pounds, all funded by Essex County Council, and will be the school's first hall in its 150 year history.
Mrs Hagan said: "The building of the hall has transformed life in the school, not only does a new corridor allow children and staff easy access, but it now means that at last we have somewhere to hold PE lessons indoors, as well as extra space for music, drama, dance and whole school assemblies.
- 1 New Stansted business park could support more than 3,000 jobs
- 2 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 3 Bid to 'join' Dunmow and Easton with more than 1,000 homes blocked
- 4 New Hylands Estate parking charges explained
- 5 Ball bearings shot at Leaden Roding car
- 6 'Outstanding' Town Award winners unveiled
- 7 Essex Highways proposes 11-week closure to main road near Thaxted
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
- 10 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport