School question time for Sir Alan
SAFFRON Walden MP Sir Alan Haselhurst visited Great Sampford Primary School on Monday. Headteacher Ian Pollard said: It was a real pleasure for him to come and visit us. He was very impressed by the children that he spoke to and the level of questions t
SAFFRON Walden MP Sir Alan Haselhurst visited Great Sampford Primary
School on Monday.
Headteacher Ian Pollard said: "It was a real pleasure for him to come and visit us. He was very impressed by the children that he spoke to and the level of questions that they asked him."
The MP last paid a visit to the school in 1997 and since then a number of changes have been made.
You may also want to watch:
"We have a number of new building projects that we were able to show him," said Mr Pollard. "A new library has been built, as well as an administration suite and a headteacher's office."
Sir Alan was so impressed by the children he has invited them to visit the Houses of Parliament - an offer that school hope to take up in the New Year.
- 1 In pictures: Fun at the 2021 Great Dunmow Teddy Bears' picnic
- 2 In pictures: Post box knitting celebrates Tokyo 2020 Olympics and Tom Daley
- 3 Disabled resident compensated after Uttlesford council 'fault'
- 4 Thieves swap elderly hospital patient’s ‘precious’ rings with tin bands
- 5 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 6 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 7 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 8 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 9 Stansted Airport's summer getaway flight figures
- 10 High Roding at the double and Dunmow go three-up as Aythorpe Roding lose ground in title race
A question and answer session was held with year's five and six, the oldest
children at the school, which gave them an opportunity to learn about an MPs role.
"It was a great experience for the children to quiz a member of parliament," said Mr Pollard. "I think that they have learnt a lot from it.