School question time for Sir Alan
SAFFRON Walden MP Sir Alan Haselhurst visited Great Sampford Primary School on Monday. Headteacher Ian Pollard said: It was a real pleasure for him to come and visit us. He was very impressed by the children that he spoke to and the level of questions t
SAFFRON Walden MP Sir Alan Haselhurst visited Great Sampford Primary
School on Monday.
Headteacher Ian Pollard said: "It was a real pleasure for him to come and visit us. He was very impressed by the children that he spoke to and the level of questions that they asked him."
The MP last paid a visit to the school in 1997 and since then a number of changes have been made.
You may also want to watch:
"We have a number of new building projects that we were able to show him," said Mr Pollard. "A new library has been built, as well as an administration suite and a headteacher's office."
Sir Alan was so impressed by the children he has invited them to visit the Houses of Parliament - an offer that school hope to take up in the New Year.
- 1 Lionel the Giant Perch is 'the perfect addition'
- 2 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 3 Takeley virtual consultation opens
- 4 Dunmow tributes to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 5 Lockdown easing: 'Shop abuse will not be tolerated'
- 6 Ram-raid gang member absconds from Suffolk jail
- 7 They're record breakers! Self-test attracts worldwide support
- 8 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 9 Online Young Musician competition launched by Dunmow Rotarians
- 10 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
A question and answer session was held with year's five and six, the oldest
children at the school, which gave them an opportunity to learn about an MPs role.
"It was a great experience for the children to quiz a member of parliament," said Mr Pollard. "I think that they have learnt a lot from it.