School pupils from Flitch Green, Great Easton and Thaxted take part in drama festival
OVER 50 schoolchildren took part in an annual inter-school drama festival. Pupils from primary schools in the area took part.
OVER 50 schoolchildren took part in an annual inter-school drama festival for the first time
Pupils from primary schools in Flitch Green, Great Easton and Thaxted joined students at The Helena Romanes School and performed a variety of dramatic pieces to a packed audience of family, friends and staff.
Festival organiser and co-founder of The Drama Club, Stephanie Barry, praised the efforts of the organisers and said that the evening was so successful that it may now become an annual event.
"The night was ably supported by a technical crew made up of pupils from HRS," she said.
You may also want to watch:
"It was organised by the drama department at HRS, together with myself and Carrie Cooper, co- founders of 'The Drama Club'.
"The evening proved a great success and all involved hope it will lead to the Festival becoming an annual event. The Drama Club has been bringing drama to local junior schools for over four years and we wanted to find a way to link our work to that being done at secondary school level."
- 1 Holidaymakers fly abroad again out of Stansted Airport
- 2 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 3 Broomfield nurse still struggling with Covid-19 after effects
- 4 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 5 Hoarding can cause higher risk of fire, says emergency service
- 6 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 7 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 8 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 9 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 10 New cycle network consultation announced
The festival was a platform for pupils of all ages, ranging from Years Three to Nine.