School pupils from Flitch Green, Great Easton and Thaxted take part in drama festival
OVER 50 schoolchildren took part in an annual inter-school drama festival. Pupils from primary schools in the area took part.
OVER 50 schoolchildren took part in an annual inter-school drama festival for the first time
Pupils from primary schools in Flitch Green, Great Easton and Thaxted joined students at The Helena Romanes School and performed a variety of dramatic pieces to a packed audience of family, friends and staff.
Festival organiser and co-founder of The Drama Club, Stephanie Barry, praised the efforts of the organisers and said that the evening was so successful that it may now become an annual event.
"The night was ably supported by a technical crew made up of pupils from HRS," she said.
"It was organised by the drama department at HRS, together with myself and Carrie Cooper, co- founders of 'The Drama Club'.
"The evening proved a great success and all involved hope it will lead to the Festival becoming an annual event. The Drama Club has been bringing drama to local junior schools for over four years and we wanted to find a way to link our work to that being done at secondary school level."
- 1 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 2 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 3 New speed check groups to start: Rayne duo share experiences
- 4 High Roding continue excellent start, as Aythorpe, Dunmow suffer defeats
- 5 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 6 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 7 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 8 Recap: A120 reopens near Stansted Airport after 'police incident'
- 9 Queen, Alicia Keys and Diana Ross to star in BBC's Platinum Jubilee Party
- 10 Dunmow Velo: New group ride for beginners as RideLondon due
The festival was a platform for pupils of all ages, ranging from Years Three to Nine.