School is top of the class
PUPILS at Felsted Primary School are cared for, valued, and make excellent progress, according to its headteacher. Speaking after a successful recent Ofsted inspection, Lawrence Garside praised staff and said that the glowing report results were exactly
PUPILS at Felsted Primary School are "cared for, valued, and make excellent progress", according to its headteacher.
Speaking after a successful recent Ofsted inspection, Lawrence Garside praised staff and said that the glowing report results were exactly as he had expected.
"The inspection confirmed what we already knew," he said. "Felsted is a primary school where the children make excellent progress. The staff deserve a great deal of praise for their hard work and care for the children".
The school achieved an overall good report, but with many outstanding aspects.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Garside also said that the staff's contribution was borne out by the report, which described "leadership amongst the senior staff as being strong with exemplary aspects".
He also noted that "staff morale was high, with all members of staff committed to raising stands and promoting pupils' well-being".
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 3 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 4 Braintree council installs further electric vehicle charging points
- 5 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 7 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 8 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
- 9 Coronavirus rates in Essex are doubling every 10 days
- 10 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
Chair of governors Helen Sims was extremely pleased with the inspector's findings. She said: "I am delighted for the headteacher and for all of the staff.
"They work with great dedication and enthusiasm to provide a very stimulating environment for the children.