School is top of the class
PUPILS at Felsted Primary School are cared for, valued, and make excellent progress, according to its headteacher. Speaking after a successful recent Ofsted inspection, Lawrence Garside praised staff and said that the glowing report results were exactly
PUPILS at Felsted Primary School are "cared for, valued, and make excellent progress", according to its headteacher.
Speaking after a successful recent Ofsted inspection, Lawrence Garside praised staff and said that the glowing report results were exactly as he had expected.
"The inspection confirmed what we already knew," he said. "Felsted is a primary school where the children make excellent progress. The staff deserve a great deal of praise for their hard work and care for the children".
The school achieved an overall good report, but with many outstanding aspects.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Garside also said that the staff's contribution was borne out by the report, which described "leadership amongst the senior staff as being strong with exemplary aspects".
He also noted that "staff morale was high, with all members of staff committed to raising stands and promoting pupils' well-being".
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 3 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 4 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 5 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 6 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 7 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 10 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
Chair of governors Helen Sims was extremely pleased with the inspector's findings. She said: "I am delighted for the headteacher and for all of the staff.
"They work with great dedication and enthusiasm to provide a very stimulating environment for the children.