Saucy slimmer’s recipe is the tops
MUM-of-three Lisa Annetts proved she was tops in the kitchen after beating off almost a thousand other entries in a competition. Mrs Annetts, of Godfrey Way, submitted her recipe for Squidgy Middle Meatballs after spotting the competition in the Slimming
MUM-of-three Lisa Annetts proved she was tops in the kitchen after beating off almost a thousand other entries in a competition.
Mrs Annetts, of Godfrey Way, submitted her recipe for Squidgy Middle Meatballs after spotting the competition in the Slimming World Magazine.
She had to produce a recipe incorporating Slimming World initiatives, which include lots of fresh raw produce, and is now looking forward to taking her prize - an all inclusive weekend at a Champneys spa resort.
Mrs Annetts said: "I'm really looking forward to it, I just have the tough task of deciding who to take."
Mrs Annetts had joined, Carol Humphrey's Slimming World group in Dunmow on a six-week offer earlier in the year, to get her weight back down after breaking her ankle before Christmas.
She said: "I was sitting around a lot and put on half a stone. It wasn't a lot but I wanted to get back to my usual comfortable shape. So I joined the gym and then took up the six-week Slimming World club offer."
- 1 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 2 A giant snail, sporting success and live music: school news
- 3 Hannah Mortier returns to boxing to raise awareness of the fight against domestic violence
- 4 Visit Great Yarmouth for a family staycation
- 5 How the proposed energy price cap changes could affect your bills
- 6 Life-saving kit that residents hope they will never use
- 7 Dunmow Velo: New group ride for beginners as RideLondon due
- 8 Musical theatre stars to bring the West End to Saffron Walden in celebration of Rodgers & Hammerstein
- 9 Dunmow pilots airlift medical aid to help Ukraine
- 10 Stebbing Tractor Run: This is the new route for 2022
The self employed printer who runs the Picture This print shop with husband, Russell and business partner and designer, Kevin Alan, said: "I thought about entering the competition, but then things came up and I was busy with the kids and other commitments.
"Then on the last day of the competition I decided to enter. It was very last minute."
It wasn't until months later, that Mrs Annetts was told she had won. "I was so surprised. I thought Carol was just calling me with a courtesy call. I've never won a competition, I'm thrilled."
The recipe Mrs Annetts entered is one particularly enjoyed by her children, Sam, five, and twins Tom and Lucy who are six.
Mrs Annetts explained: "I adapted the recipe to fit in with Slimming World replacing the usual cheese with the light cheese. I enjoy cooking and have always made my own pasta sauces."
Although Mrs Annetts is no longer a member of the slimming group, she highly recommended it saying: "Slimming World is great. My family were inadvertantly involved and ate the recommended meals with me, without even noticing.