Santa stops by for a pre-Christmas visit to Rayne
- Credit: Archant
Father Christmas and his reindeer were the special guests at an open weekend hosted by a farm machinery supplier.
Ernest Doe, based near Rayne, welcome St Nicholas and two reindeer to its premises on November 30 and December 1 for a pre-Christmas visit.
More than 150 families stopped by to visit, with £140 raised for Macmillan through a raffle.
The firm also hosted 'blower golf' competition with some of its leaf blowers and an 'elf on the shelf' event also proved popular.
A spokesman for Ernest Doe said: "Great fun was had by all, even the reindeers seemed to enjoy the occasion and were so relaxed that at one point they were laying down falling asleep!
You may also want to watch:
"Santa made an unexpected appearance and decided he was going to man the entrance to see the most customers possible. The event was such a success that an emergency resupply of food was required."
- 1 Court sentence for Dunmow knife attacker, guilty of attempted murder
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 4 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners get in plenty of runs before winter begins
- 5 Dunmow Rovers' girls advance in Essex County League Cup
- 6 Council agrees to 'complicated' parking charges at Hylands Park
- 7 England call-up for Max Malins after hat-trick in Saracens' demolition of Bath
- 8 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 9 Rural ramblers efforts for Helen Rollason Cancer Charity
- 10 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents