Round Table sets benchmark for lunchtimes
LUNCHTIME for pupils at The Christian School in Takeley will be a picnic after receiving a £200 donation from Dunmow Round Table to buy two dining benches. The money was given through the Round Table s Cash for Causes scheme that is open to anyone who is
LUNCHTIME for pupils at The Christian School in Takeley will be a picnic after receiving a £200 donation from Dunmow Round Table to buy two dining benches.
The money was given through the Round Table's Cash for Causes scheme that is open to anyone who is in need of some money for a project.
School fund-raiser Catherine Mitchell accepted the cheque from Tabler Tom Notley, pictured, at a ceremony at the Dunmow Road based school on Saturday. She said: "Up until now we've only had one bench for our 48 pupils. These benches will go in the playground and will make a great difference at lunchtime."
Mrs Mitchell applied for the grant two weeks ago and was thrilled at how quickly the money came through. "We'd ordered two hand-built oak benches from the
Countess of Warwick Country Show.
They cost £100 each and were exactly what we wanted."
- 1 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 2 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 3 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 4 Home county tenant exodus drives up London rents
- 5 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 6 High Easter hit magnificent seven after second-half goal blitz
- 7 A giant snail, sporting success and other school news
- 8 From meat in supermarkets to beer in pubs - what is getting more expensive?
- 9 Voting together: Lib Dems and Greens join forces
- 10 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
The Christian School is for children aged five to 18 who are not in mainstream school.
If you would like to apply for a Cash for Causes grant, you can do so by e-mailing email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org