Round Table sets benchmark for lunchtimes
LUNCHTIME for pupils at The Christian School in Takeley will be a picnic after receiving a £200 donation from Dunmow Round Table to buy two dining benches. The money was given through the Round Table s Cash for Causes scheme that is open to anyone who is
LUNCHTIME for pupils at The Christian School in Takeley will be a picnic after receiving a £200 donation from Dunmow Round Table to buy two dining benches.
The money was given through the Round Table's Cash for Causes scheme that is open to anyone who is in need of some money for a project.
School fund-raiser Catherine Mitchell accepted the cheque from Tabler Tom Notley, pictured, at a ceremony at the Dunmow Road based school on Saturday. She said: "Up until now we've only had one bench for our 48 pupils. These benches will go in the playground and will make a great difference at lunchtime."
Mrs Mitchell applied for the grant two weeks ago and was thrilled at how quickly the money came through. "We'd ordered two hand-built oak benches from the
You may also want to watch:
Countess of Warwick Country Show.
They cost £100 each and were exactly what we wanted."
- 1 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 2 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 5 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 6 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 7 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 8 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 9 Join Pam on sponsored 'walkies' for Guide Dogs
- 10 Dunmow businesses delighted to be back as lockdown eases
The Christian School is for children aged five to 18 who are not in mainstream school.
If you would like to apply for a Cash for Causes grant, you can do so by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com