Round Table sets benchmark for lunchtimes
LUNCHTIME for pupils at The Christian School in Takeley will be a picnic after receiving a £200 donation from Dunmow Round Table to buy two dining benches. The money was given through the Round Table s Cash for Causes scheme that is open to anyone who is
LUNCHTIME for pupils at The Christian School in Takeley will be a picnic after receiving a £200 donation from Dunmow Round Table to buy two dining benches.
The money was given through the Round Table's Cash for Causes scheme that is open to anyone who is in need of some money for a project.
School fund-raiser Catherine Mitchell accepted the cheque from Tabler Tom Notley, pictured, at a ceremony at the Dunmow Road based school on Saturday. She said: "Up until now we've only had one bench for our 48 pupils. These benches will go in the playground and will make a great difference at lunchtime."
Mrs Mitchell applied for the grant two weeks ago and was thrilled at how quickly the money came through. "We'd ordered two hand-built oak benches from the
You may also want to watch:
Countess of Warwick Country Show.
They cost £100 each and were exactly what we wanted."
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 3 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 4 Braintree council installs further electric vehicle charging points
- 5 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 7 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 8 Dunmow mayor sets out summer programme set to unite community
- 9 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 10 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
The Christian School is for children aged five to 18 who are not in mainstream school.
If you would like to apply for a Cash for Causes grant, you can do so by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com