M11 closed following two serious collisions
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information following two serious collision on the M11.
A silver Peugeot 206 left the road between on the southbound carriageway between junctions seven and six shortly at around 7.20pm yesterday (Wednesday).
The driver, an 18-year-old man, is being treated for life-threatening injuries and a passenger, an 18-year-old man, is being treated for life-changing injuries.
Three other people have also been treated for injuries which are not believed to be as serious.
A spokesman for Essex Police said: “We need to speak to anyone who saw a silver Peugeot 206 in the moments before the collision or has dash cam footage to call us on 101 quoting incident 1039 of February 13.”
You may also want to watch:
Police were then alerted to a second collision on the same carriageway between junctions eight and seven at around 9.50pm.
Five vehicles were involved, including two lorries and a car.
- 1 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 2 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 5 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 6 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 7 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 8 Your opinion matters: Help to shape the future of your newspaper
- 9 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 10 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
A spokesman for Essex Fire said crews were called to the scene at 10pm.
“On arrival firefighters reported that three vehicles were involved, including two HGVs,” the spokesman said. “One person was trapped inside their vehicle and firefighters worked to release him by 10.30pm.
“The casualty was left in the care of the ambulance service.”
The driver of the car has been treated for potentially life-changing injuries.
A lorry driver, a 45-year-old man, has been arrested on suspicion of causing serious injury by dangerous driving.
He is currently in custody.
The spokesman added: “If you saw what happened or have dash cam footage on it please call us on 101 quoting incident 1237 of February 13.
“If you have information about either incident you can also e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.”
The M11 southbound between Stansted, at junction 8, and Hastingwood, at junction 7, remains closed this morning (Thursday), while police investigators remain at the scene. There are long queues leading up to the closure.