Road closure for Bridge Street in Great Bardfield
- Credit: Archant
Closure of a road in Great Bardfield will cause disruption to bus services in the area today (January 10).
Roadworks by Anglian Water on Bridge Street, to repair a leaking water main, had just finished when the workmen noticed a slight dip in the resurfacing.
The road was then closed to make sure nothing was wrong.
Throughout the period they were working on the road, since January 6, there have been two-way traffic lights so the way through can be kept open.
A spokesman for Anglian Water said: “After we finished resurfacing the road, we found a slight dip in the road surface. “To make sure our work is of a high standard, we have kept the road closed today to put this right.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re sorry for any inconvenience this causes and are working to get things back to normal as quickly as possible.”
Buses which will have to take a diversion route today include Stephensons services 9, 9A, and 16.
To find more information on the bus changes, click here
- 1 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 2 New cycle network consultation announced
- 3 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 4 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 5 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 6 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 7 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 10 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome