Road closure for Bridge Street in Great Bardfield
- Credit: Archant
Closure of a road in Great Bardfield will cause disruption to bus services in the area today (January 10).
Roadworks by Anglian Water on Bridge Street, to repair a leaking water main, had just finished when the workmen noticed a slight dip in the resurfacing.
The road was then closed to make sure nothing was wrong.
Throughout the period they were working on the road, since January 6, there have been two-way traffic lights so the way through can be kept open.
A spokesman for Anglian Water said: “After we finished resurfacing the road, we found a slight dip in the road surface. “To make sure our work is of a high standard, we have kept the road closed today to put this right.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re sorry for any inconvenience this causes and are working to get things back to normal as quickly as possible.”
Buses which will have to take a diversion route today include Stephensons services 9, 9A, and 16.
To find more information on the bus changes, click here
- 1 Distraction theft in Dunmow leaves woman without handbag
- 2 Secretary of state to consider overturning Finchingfield houses approval
- 3 Police appeal after clothing theft from donation container
- 4 Villages around Great Dunmow covered in frost and snow
- 5 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 6 Church received £31,000 grant for restoration purposes
- 7 Community helps foodbank under pressure
- 8 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 9 Red engraved gem from iron ring is older than was previously thought
- 10 Olly Murs looking forward to touring again