Road closure for Bridge Street in Great Bardfield
- Credit: Archant
Closure of a road in Great Bardfield will cause disruption to bus services in the area today (January 10).
Roadworks by Anglian Water on Bridge Street, to repair a leaking water main, had just finished when the workmen noticed a slight dip in the resurfacing.
The road was then closed to make sure nothing was wrong.
Throughout the period they were working on the road, since January 6, there have been two-way traffic lights so the way through can be kept open.
A spokesman for Anglian Water said: “After we finished resurfacing the road, we found a slight dip in the road surface. “To make sure our work is of a high standard, we have kept the road closed today to put this right.
“We’re sorry for any inconvenience this causes and are working to get things back to normal as quickly as possible.”
Buses which will have to take a diversion route today include Stephensons services 9, 9A, and 16.
To find more information on the bus changes, click here
- 1 Suspected crowbar assault leaves Stansted driver with serious injuries
- 2 Great Dunmow man jailed for 14 years
- 3 Data reveals distracted drivers repeatedly caught in Essex
- 4 Assault in Dunmow's Tesco car park
- 5 Solar farm planning application near Thaxted
- 6 Memories are made of this for Bob as Barnston and High Roding meet at last
- 7 Essex: More Electric Vehicles needed to meet goals
- 8 Plans for 18 houses in Countryside Protection Zone near Stansted Airport
- 9 Court imposes five year ban on shoplifter
- 10 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden