RMT union in further talks with National Express East Anglia today (Wednesday)
RAIL union RMT has confirmed that further talks aimed at resolving the dispute with National Express East Anglia will reconvene today (Wednesday).Bob Crow, RMT general secretary, said: RMT has made it clear to the company that until such time as an agre
RAIL union RMT has confirmed that further talks aimed at resolving the dispute with National Express East Anglia will reconvene today (Wednesday).
Bob Crow, RMT general secretary, said: "RMT has made it clear to the company that until such time as an agreement is reached with National Express East Anglia on the core issues at the heart of this dispute - pay and working conditions - the 48-hour strike from first thing tomorrow morning [00.01 hrs Thursday August 6] remains on."
The ASLEF and RMT trade unions called four 48-hour strikes starting on July 30, August 6, 13 and 20 respectively (all Thursdays and Fridays) in relation to this year's pay award. The managers' union TSSA has also voted to join the action next week (August 13).
* SEND us your comments about the strike itself, how it has affected your workplace and stories about alternative routes to work. Have you or your colleagues used an unusual way of making it to the office?
You may also want to watch:
You can e-mail us on email@example.com or you can text us on the move via your mobile phone. You can send us video, audio, pictures and text up to 1MB in size via your mobile. Simply send your text message to 078 4350 0911. Your message needs to begin with the words MEDIA DUNMOW. Please submit your details as well as what the message is about. Remember that network MMS/SMS charges will apply.
- 1 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 2 New Dunmow school approved but safety fears aired
- 3 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 4 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 5 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 6 More history made by Dunmow Taekwondo's talented students
- 7 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation
- 8 'That's more like it' roars Takeley's John Hedges after comfortable win in pro fight number two
- 9 Online Young Musician competition launched by Dunmow Rotarians
- 10 Woman taken to hospital after serious accident between Takeley and Dunmow