RMT union in further talks with National Express East Anglia today (Wednesday)
RAIL union RMT has confirmed that further talks aimed at resolving the dispute with National Express East Anglia will reconvene today (Wednesday).Bob Crow, RMT general secretary, said: RMT has made it clear to the company that until such time as an agre
RAIL union RMT has confirmed that further talks aimed at resolving the dispute with National Express East Anglia will reconvene today (Wednesday).
Bob Crow, RMT general secretary, said: "RMT has made it clear to the company that until such time as an agreement is reached with National Express East Anglia on the core issues at the heart of this dispute - pay and working conditions - the 48-hour strike from first thing tomorrow morning [00.01 hrs Thursday August 6] remains on."
The ASLEF and RMT trade unions called four 48-hour strikes starting on July 30, August 6, 13 and 20 respectively (all Thursdays and Fridays) in relation to this year's pay award. The managers' union TSSA has also voted to join the action next week (August 13).
* SEND us your comments about the strike itself, how it has affected your workplace and stories about alternative routes to work. Have you or your colleagues used an unusual way of making it to the office?
You may also want to watch:
You can e-mail us on email@example.com or you can text us on the move via your mobile phone. You can send us video, audio, pictures and text up to 1MB in size via your mobile. Simply send your text message to 078 4350 0911. Your message needs to begin with the words MEDIA DUNMOW. Please submit your details as well as what the message is about. Remember that network MMS/SMS charges will apply.
- 1 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 2 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 3 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe
- 4 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 5 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 6 Stations benefit from funding
- 7 Covid jabs have started at Broomfield Hospital's Vaccination Hub
- 8 Rape victim urges others to be brave and tell Essex Police
- 9 Police seek witnesses to two vehicle collision
- 10 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford