Retirement village in Great Easton is expanding
- Credit: Archant
A retirement village in Great Easton has received planning permission by Uttlesford District Council to expand its borders.
There will be nine new bungalows and an extension to the park’s clubhouse at Moat Park on Dunmow Road – this adds 35 square metres, increasing it by 30 per cent.
Moat Park say residents of the village will help to decide on the best use of the space and decoration of the clubhouse.
Bedrooms will be on both the first and ground floors, with open plan living rooms and dining areas, downstairs shower rooms and toilets, and French doors onto a patio.
It is expected to be ready in spring next year.
You may also want to watch:
Manager of the retirement village, Bobbie Thornton, said: “We believe that this investment will enhance the overall attraction of Moat Park by providing a broader mix of retirement options.”
She said it will be a “valuable contribution to village life by growing our community”.
- 1 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 2 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 3 New Dunmow school approved but safety fears aired
- 4 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 5 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 6 More history made by Dunmow Taekwondo's talented students
- 7 'That's more like it' roars Takeley's John Hedges after comfortable win in pro fight number two
- 8 Woman taken to hospital after serious accident between Takeley and Dunmow
- 9 Dragons' Den style competition highlights innovative ideas
- 10 Online Young Musician competition launched by Dunmow Rotarians