Retirement village in Great Easton is expanding
- Credit: Archant
A retirement village in Great Easton has received planning permission by Uttlesford District Council to expand its borders.
There will be nine new bungalows and an extension to the park’s clubhouse at Moat Park on Dunmow Road – this adds 35 square metres, increasing it by 30 per cent.
Moat Park say residents of the village will help to decide on the best use of the space and decoration of the clubhouse.
Bedrooms will be on both the first and ground floors, with open plan living rooms and dining areas, downstairs shower rooms and toilets, and French doors onto a patio.
It is expected to be ready in spring next year.
You may also want to watch:
Manager of the retirement village, Bobbie Thornton, said: “We believe that this investment will enhance the overall attraction of Moat Park by providing a broader mix of retirement options.”
She said it will be a “valuable contribution to village life by growing our community”.
- 1 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 2 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 3 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe
- 4 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 5 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 6 Stations benefit from funding
- 7 Covid jabs have started at Broomfield Hospital's Vaccination Hub
- 8 Police seek witnesses to two vehicle collision
- 9 Rape victim urges others to be brave and tell Essex Police
- 10 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford