Retirement village in Great Easton is expanding
- Credit: Archant
A retirement village in Great Easton has received planning permission by Uttlesford District Council to expand its borders.
There will be nine new bungalows and an extension to the park’s clubhouse at Moat Park on Dunmow Road – this adds 35 square metres, increasing it by 30 per cent.
Moat Park say residents of the village will help to decide on the best use of the space and decoration of the clubhouse.
Bedrooms will be on both the first and ground floors, with open plan living rooms and dining areas, downstairs shower rooms and toilets, and French doors onto a patio.
It is expected to be ready in spring next year.
You may also want to watch:
Manager of the retirement village, Bobbie Thornton, said: “We believe that this investment will enhance the overall attraction of Moat Park by providing a broader mix of retirement options.”
She said it will be a “valuable contribution to village life by growing our community”.
- 1 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 2 A12 upgrade: 'The people who live here are not being considered'
- 3 Helena Romanes homes plan 'harmful urbanisation' says council
- 4 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 5 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 6 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 7 'Not now, Bernard' - Children's concert to open Saffron Walden Symphony Orchestra's new season
- 8 Essex initiative to support children in hospital reaches milestone
- 9 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 10 Community trees and bulbs to help tackle climate change