Restoration man receives help with Gardens of Easton Lodge project
GREEN-FINGERED volunteers have begun tackling a Mediterranean-themed restoration project at the Gardens of Easton Lodge. A ten-strong team, assembled from across the county, descended on the gardens near to Little Easton to start repairing and replenishin
GREEN-FINGERED volunteers have begun tackling a Mediterranean-themed restoration project at the Gardens of Easton Lodge.
A ten-strong team, assembled from across the county, descended on the gardens near to Little Easton to start repairing and replenishing an historical Italian sunken garden.
Under the expert supervision of Writtle horticulture student Robert Hanchet, flowerbeds have been cleared ready for replanting and the goal is to eventually return the garden to its former 1902 glory.
Some of the plants that originally featured in the garden, which was designed by famous architect Harold Peto, will be central to the scheme to keep the spirit of historical accuracy.
You may also want to watch:
Although the project will take months to complete, garden spokesman Carol Barbone said that visitors to the next two open days are still in for a very special treat as an array of Old English roses come into bloom.
Guests can go along on Sunday May 23, and Sunday June 20 to witness the gardens for themselves. Entry is �2.50 (children free).
- 1 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 2 Dunmow businesses delighted to be back as lockdown eases
- 3 Takeley virtual consultation opens
- 4 Prince Philip death: Uttlesford service and Garden of Remembrance
- 5 Lionel the Giant Perch is 'the perfect addition'
- 6 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 7 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 8 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 9 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 10 Ram-raid gang member absconds from Suffolk jail
Picnics are welcome and home-made refreshments are on sale during opening hours, noon to 6pm.
Further information is available from the recorded information service on 01371 876979, or online at eastonlodge.co.uk
GIVE us your comments. E-mail us at email@example.com