Record number of entries delight visitors at Bardfield horticultural show
- Credit: Archant
Bardfield Horticultural Society is celebrating after holding one of its best-ever summer shows.
Visitors flocked to see what the group had to offer on August 5, which included magnificent floral displays, impressive local produce exhibits, and delicate corsages.
The exhibitor turnout was the best it has been for more than 30 years, with a record number of entries in both the group’s spring and summer shows.
The event also saw plenty of tea and homemade cakes to visitors to tuck into, before some 20 trophies and prizes were handed out to the winners.
The society is now looking ahead to its next event on September 21 called ‘Anyone can grow vegetables’, and will feature a talk in the Quaker Meeting House ay 7.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Non-members are welcome and tickets are £5.
The evening will also include a raffle, lucky ticket draw, refreshments, and free seeds to take home.
- 1 In pictures: Fun at the 2021 Great Dunmow Teddy Bears' picnic
- 2 In pictures: Post box knitting celebrates Tokyo 2020 Olympics and Tom Daley
- 3 Disabled resident compensated after Uttlesford council 'fault'
- 4 Stansted Airport's summer getaway flight figures
- 5 Jobs boost for community as Dunmow's Caremark sees demand surge
- 6 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 7 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 8 Thieves swap elderly hospital patient’s ‘precious’ rings with tin bands
- 9 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 10 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex