Record number of entries delight visitors at Bardfield horticultural show
- Credit: Archant
Bardfield Horticultural Society is celebrating after holding one of its best-ever summer shows.
Visitors flocked to see what the group had to offer on August 5, which included magnificent floral displays, impressive local produce exhibits, and delicate corsages.
The exhibitor turnout was the best it has been for more than 30 years, with a record number of entries in both the group’s spring and summer shows.
The event also saw plenty of tea and homemade cakes to visitors to tuck into, before some 20 trophies and prizes were handed out to the winners.
The society is now looking ahead to its next event on September 21 called ‘Anyone can grow vegetables’, and will feature a talk in the Quaker Meeting House ay 7.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Non-members are welcome and tickets are £5.
The evening will also include a raffle, lucky ticket draw, refreshments, and free seeds to take home.
- 1 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 2 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 3 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 4 Care at home: what is it, and how can it help?
- 5 Super six for High Easter as they turn on the style against Coggeshall Town youngsters
- 6 More work needed ahead of holiday easing, Stansted says
- 7 Take away Covid self tests from Thaxted library
- 8 Stansted author to release second novel
- 9 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 10 Town council challenges water softening decision