Record number of entries delight visitors at Bardfield horticultural show
- Credit: Archant
Bardfield Horticultural Society is celebrating after holding one of its best-ever summer shows.
Visitors flocked to see what the group had to offer on August 5, which included magnificent floral displays, impressive local produce exhibits, and delicate corsages.
The exhibitor turnout was the best it has been for more than 30 years, with a record number of entries in both the group’s spring and summer shows.
The event also saw plenty of tea and homemade cakes to visitors to tuck into, before some 20 trophies and prizes were handed out to the winners.
The society is now looking ahead to its next event on September 21 called ‘Anyone can grow vegetables’, and will feature a talk in the Quaker Meeting House ay 7.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Non-members are welcome and tickets are £5.
The evening will also include a raffle, lucky ticket draw, refreshments, and free seeds to take home.
- 1 Garden restoration project joy after public appeal help
- 2 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 3 Gold filling 'worth about £50' found in Tesco granola squares pack
- 4 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
- 5 Uttlesford residents help council map 'vital' green spaces
- 6 Ipswich man to face trial for Braintree car theft and Cheshunt rail incident
- 7 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 8 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 9 Beth Shriever talks Tokyo: 'I'm proof that you can make it'
- 10 Dog whose owner moved away without her is featured on TV