Real buzzing event
A COFFEE morning and fun day held at Woodlands Park in Dunmow raised £1040 for Macmillan Cancer Support. Sixty people turned up to drink tea and coffee, eat cake and biscuits and enjoy the entertainments at the home of Lisa Burgess. She had organised the
A COFFEE morning and fun day held at Woodlands Park in Dunmow raised £1040 for Macmillan Cancer Support.
Sixty people turned up to drink tea and coffee, eat cake and biscuits and enjoy the entertainments at the home of Lisa Burgess.
She had organised the event with friends Audrey Mears, Sarah Reid and Karen Steed who have all had their lives touched by cancer.
"We are all so very grateful to everyone who came along and enjoyed themselves," said Mrs Burgess. "I want to say a very special big thank you to all of the shops and businesses who donated prizes for the raffle."
You may also want to watch:
Other entertainments included Beat the Bell, a tombola and a children's teddy tombola, stalls selling gifts, cards and books.
"Top prize in the raffle was a £40 voucher from Italian restaurant Iluma in the High Street," said Mrs Burgess. "It was won by a couple who have supported my fund-raising events since I started holding them four years ago.
- 1 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 2 Helena Romanes homes plan 'harmful urbanisation' says council
- 3 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 4 Community trees and bulbs to help tackle climate change
- 5 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 6 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 7 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 8 Saffron Screen's new Sunday night film season is For All The Brave Women
- 9 New chemotherapy centre at Broomfield Hospital is 'fantastic'
- 10 Katie Price alleged assault: 32-year-old man re-bailed