Real buzzing event
A COFFEE morning and fun day held at Woodlands Park in Dunmow raised £1040 for Macmillan Cancer Support. Sixty people turned up to drink tea and coffee, eat cake and biscuits and enjoy the entertainments at the home of Lisa Burgess. She had organised the
A COFFEE morning and fun day held at Woodlands Park in Dunmow raised £1040 for Macmillan Cancer Support.
Sixty people turned up to drink tea and coffee, eat cake and biscuits and enjoy the entertainments at the home of Lisa Burgess.
She had organised the event with friends Audrey Mears, Sarah Reid and Karen Steed who have all had their lives touched by cancer.
"We are all so very grateful to everyone who came along and enjoyed themselves," said Mrs Burgess. "I want to say a very special big thank you to all of the shops and businesses who donated prizes for the raffle."
You may also want to watch:
Other entertainments included Beat the Bell, a tombola and a children's teddy tombola, stalls selling gifts, cards and books.
"Top prize in the raffle was a £40 voucher from Italian restaurant Iluma in the High Street," said Mrs Burgess. "It was won by a couple who have supported my fund-raising events since I started holding them four years ago.
- 1 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 2 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 3 High Easter claim Division Two title with win over Great Bradfords
- 4 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 5 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 6 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan
- 7 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 8 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 9 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 10 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal