Re-opened farmers' market has a warm welcome
TAKELEY Farmers Market restarted on Saturday and was met with a bumper crowd at the Silver Jubilee Hall. The market had looked consigned to history but has been resurrected by a local mother intent on providing a community feel-good factor.Organiser Sue
TAKELEY Farmers Market restarted on Saturday and was met with a bumper crowd at the Silver Jubilee Hall.
The market had looked consigned to history but has been resurrected by a local mother intent on providing a community feel-good factor.
Organiser Sue Sadler said: "Lots of people came through the doors during the day and it was great.
"With new houses being built around the area I hope that new people will continue to come and mix with the older generation and we can promote community spirit in the village.
You may also want to watch:
"The stalls will have plenty of bargains for people and we hope to see everyone there at the start of every month."
The market, which was last in action in September, saw a sharp decline in numbers before the previous organisers decided to move away from the area, causing the decades-old selection of stalls to close.
- 1 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 2 Former POW camp on council heritage list
- 3 Grandmother rescued from muddy field in Little Bardfield
- 4 Trees are planted in Great Bardfield
- 5 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 6 The benefits of the great outdoors
- 7 Covid jabs have started at Broomfield Hospital's Vaccination Hub
- 8 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 9 Stansted teachers offered lockdown yoga
- 10 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
Now it will run from 9am to 11.30am every first Saturday of each month for the foreseeable future.
Mrs Sadler said: "Everyone in the village wants it to be successful."
For more details or if you would like to add a stall to the list, contact Mrs Sadler on 01279 873409.