Rayne bridge is closed to vehicles after accident causes extensive damage
- Credit: Archant
A bridge in Rayne has been been closed to vehicles after it was damaged following a road accident at the weekend.
Rayne Bridge, on Gore Road, has suffered extensive damage to its parapets, which will require reconstruction following a crash on Saturday, March 18, according to Essex Highways.
The part of the Flitch Way which passes under the bridge has also been closed due to the risk to public safety, but pedestrian access is available over it.
It is not currently known how long the repairs will take or the length of the closure.
A spokesman for Essex Highways said: “Due to the severity of the damage caused, no vehicle access is permitted over the bridge until repairs are complete.
You may also want to watch:
“Initial inspections show extensive damage has been caused to the bridge parapets which will require reconstruction.
“We will update the public as soon information is available.”
- 1 WATCH: Thaxted Morris Men dance together again
- 2 School thanks 'Super Trouper' Carol
- 3 More than 200 people join the search for missing A120 cat, Daisy
- 4 School class in Dunmow wins national award
- 5 Garden restoration project joy after public appeal help
- 6 Essex's Ben Maher takes Tokyo 2020 gold
- 7 Incredible undefeated season at first time of asking for Dunmow Rovers U7 Tigers
- 8 Gold filling 'worth about £50' found in Tesco granola squares pack
- 9 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 10 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader