Rayne bridge is closed to vehicles after accident causes extensive damage
- Credit: Archant
A bridge in Rayne has been been closed to vehicles after it was damaged following a road accident at the weekend.
Rayne Bridge, on Gore Road, has suffered extensive damage to its parapets, which will require reconstruction following a crash on Saturday, March 18, according to Essex Highways.
The part of the Flitch Way which passes under the bridge has also been closed due to the risk to public safety, but pedestrian access is available over it.
It is not currently known how long the repairs will take or the length of the closure.
A spokesman for Essex Highways said: “Due to the severity of the damage caused, no vehicle access is permitted over the bridge until repairs are complete.
You may also want to watch:
“Initial inspections show extensive damage has been caused to the bridge parapets which will require reconstruction.
“We will update the public as soon information is available.”
- 1 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 2 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 3 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 4 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history
- 5 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 6 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 7 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 8 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 New cycle network consultation announced