Ram-raiders attempt to steal cash machine from shop near Dunmow
- Credit: Archant
A shop near Dunmow was ram-raided this morning (Thursday).
The Co-operative store in Hallett Road, Flitch Green, was smashed into at 2.20am when a Land Rover was driven into the building.
The attempted thieves, intending to steal a cash machine, left with nothing.
Three men got into a dark coloured car, possibly a Ford Focus or Fiesta, and drove off.
Officers carried out a search of the area but could not find the suspects.
Detective constable Chris Sedgwick, of Braintree CID, said: “I am particularly keen to speak to anyone who may know the car that the suspects made off in or anyone who has any information about the Land Rover. We are making enquiries today but I would urge anybody who has any knowledge that might be helpful to police to get in touch with me.”
INFORMATION: Anyone with any information is asked to contact Essex Police on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Festive season begins at Great Dunmow's Christmas Market
- 2 30 new homes proposed for Hatfield Broad Oak
- 3 Thaxted community in shock after fatal house fire
- 4 Katie Price alleged assault: Suspect 'released under investigation'
- 5 Calvin Harris, David Guetta and Fatboy Slim announced for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up
- 6 Christmas festivities kick off in Great Dunmow
- 7 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 8 Villagers rally behind Elsenham Christmas Market
- 9 Stansted Airport calls for residents' views on solar transformation plan
- 10 Will there be a White Christmas in Essex this year?