Ram-raiders attempt to steal cash machine from shop near Dunmow
- Credit: Archant
A shop near Dunmow was ram-raided this morning (Thursday).
The Co-operative store in Hallett Road, Flitch Green, was smashed into at 2.20am when a Land Rover was driven into the building.
The attempted thieves, intending to steal a cash machine, left with nothing.
Three men got into a dark coloured car, possibly a Ford Focus or Fiesta, and drove off.
Officers carried out a search of the area but could not find the suspects.
You may also want to watch:
Detective constable Chris Sedgwick, of Braintree CID, said: “I am particularly keen to speak to anyone who may know the car that the suspects made off in or anyone who has any information about the Land Rover. We are making enquiries today but I would urge anybody who has any knowledge that might be helpful to police to get in touch with me.”
INFORMATION: Anyone with any information is asked to contact Essex Police on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 'That's more like it' roars Takeley's John Hedges after comfortable win in pro fight number two
- 2 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation
- 3 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 4 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 5 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 6 Doorbell crimes in Thaxted see one ‘ripped off’ before suspect flees
- 7 Rise in dog thefts during lockdown, says charity
- 8 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 9 New Dunmow school approved but safety fears aired
- 10 April 12: Five pub gardens and five shops you can visit in Uttlesford