Ram-raiders attempt to steal cash machine from shop near Dunmow
- Credit: Archant
A shop near Dunmow was ram-raided this morning (Thursday).
The Co-operative store in Hallett Road, Flitch Green, was smashed into at 2.20am when a Land Rover was driven into the building.
The attempted thieves, intending to steal a cash machine, left with nothing.
Three men got into a dark coloured car, possibly a Ford Focus or Fiesta, and drove off.
Officers carried out a search of the area but could not find the suspects.
You may also want to watch:
Detective constable Chris Sedgwick, of Braintree CID, said: “I am particularly keen to speak to anyone who may know the car that the suspects made off in or anyone who has any information about the Land Rover. We are making enquiries today but I would urge anybody who has any knowledge that might be helpful to police to get in touch with me.”
INFORMATION: Anyone with any information is asked to contact Essex Police on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Secretary of state to consider overturning Finchingfield houses approval
- 2 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 3 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 4 Villages around Great Dunmow covered in frost and snow
- 5 Red engraved gem from iron ring is older than was previously thought
- 6 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 7 Dozens of illegal fishing nets and traps seized during pandemic
- 8 Seventh flood in Great Bardfield breaks pavement
- 9 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 10 Hot lunches to support more vulnerable in community