Ram-raiders attempt to steal cash machine from shop near Dunmow
- Credit: Archant
A shop near Dunmow was ram-raided this morning (Thursday).
The Co-operative store in Hallett Road, Flitch Green, was smashed into at 2.20am when a Land Rover was driven into the building.
The attempted thieves, intending to steal a cash machine, left with nothing.
Three men got into a dark coloured car, possibly a Ford Focus or Fiesta, and drove off.
Officers carried out a search of the area but could not find the suspects.
You may also want to watch:
Detective constable Chris Sedgwick, of Braintree CID, said: “I am particularly keen to speak to anyone who may know the car that the suspects made off in or anyone who has any information about the Land Rover. We are making enquiries today but I would urge anybody who has any knowledge that might be helpful to police to get in touch with me.”
INFORMATION: Anyone with any information is asked to contact Essex Police on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 3 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 4 Braintree council installs further electric vehicle charging points
- 5 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 7 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 8 Dunmow mayor sets out summer programme set to unite community
- 9 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 10 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear