Raising the profile of dementia
DEMENTIA will come into the spotlight across Uttlesford during Dementia Awareness Week, which runs from July 5 to 11. The mental illness will be highlighted by NHS West Essex, Essex County Council and local charities The Alzheimer s Society and Carers UK
DEMENTIA will come into the spotlight across Uttlesford during Dementia Awareness Week, which runs from July 5 to 11.
The mental illness will be highlighted by NHS West Essex, Essex County Council and local charities The Alzheimer's Society and Carers UK
Stands will be offering advice and information at Dunmow Library on Tuesday July 7 from 10am to 3pm.
The local Alzheimer's Society branch - based in Great Dunmow and covering the entire Uttlesford district - is also holding a Strawberry Tea at Easton Farm, Little Easton, between 3pm and 6pm on Saturday July 11. Tickets are priced �5 per person. For more details ring 01371 870334.
You may also want to watch:
The branch currently supports 277 clients - carers, family members and the person with dementia. Outreach workers provide home visits to support clients on an ongoing basis and liaise with social care and health professionals and other voluntary organisations to enable people access other services and benefits.
Clients and carers are given social support with pub lunch support groups, memory clubs, coffee mornings and a woodwork group.
- 1 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 2 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 5 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 6 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 7 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history
- 8 New cycle network consultation announced
- 9 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 10 Summer art competition for children launched by school
Carers UK are also supporting Dementia Awareness Week. They provide an information bureau and generic services to look after carers.
For more information contact Mari Hinton at: Uttlesford Carers, UV& C Centre, 46 High Street, Great Dunmow, CM6 1BP, ring 01371 875810 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org