Raiders target farming firm in Dunmow and steal a John Deere tractor
- Credit: Archant
A tractor was stolen and other vehicles tampered with during a raid at a depot in Dunmow.
The theft is believed to have taken place between 11.30pm on April 27, and the early hours of April 28, at Chelmsford Road, in Great Dunmow.
P Tuckwell Ltd, a company which supplies farming equipment, said it also had other tractors on its site “tampered with”.
In a statement on the company’s Facebook page, published on April 28, the company, said: “Last night, at Dunmow depot, we were broken into, between the hours of 11.30pm and 3am. We have had a John Deere 8420T crawler tractor stolen, AY05 GYX.
“Can everyone keep a look out for this, any information gratefully received. We have also had other tractors tampered with so please be careful.”
The Essex Police, gypsy, traveller and rural engagement team said burglars “caused damage by breaking a padlock to enter the yard”.
The team described the tractor as green and yellow.
- 1 Suspected crowbar assault leaves Stansted driver with serious injuries
- 2 Great Dunmow man jailed for 14 years
- 3 Data reveals distracted drivers repeatedly caught in Essex
- 4 Assault in Dunmow's Tesco car park
- 5 Solar farm planning application near Thaxted
- 6 Memories are made of this for Bob as Barnston and High Roding meet at last
- 7 Essex: More Electric Vehicles needed to meet goals
- 8 Plans for 18 houses in Countryside Protection Zone near Stansted Airport
- 9 Court imposes five year ban on shoplifter
- 10 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
The tractor is a “big and expensive bit of kit just to go missing,” Essex Police southern roads policing unit said in a tweet.
The unit asked anyone who had seen the tractor to call the police on 101.
P Tuckwell’s Facebook post which publicised the incident has been shared by more than 3,400 users.