Raiders target farming firm in Dunmow and steal a John Deere tractor
- Credit: Archant
A tractor was stolen and other vehicles tampered with during a raid at a depot in Dunmow.
The theft is believed to have taken place between 11.30pm on April 27, and the early hours of April 28, at Chelmsford Road, in Great Dunmow.
P Tuckwell Ltd, a company which supplies farming equipment, said it also had other tractors on its site “tampered with”.
In a statement on the company’s Facebook page, published on April 28, the company, said: “Last night, at Dunmow depot, we were broken into, between the hours of 11.30pm and 3am. We have had a John Deere 8420T crawler tractor stolen, AY05 GYX.
“Can everyone keep a look out for this, any information gratefully received. We have also had other tractors tampered with so please be careful.”
The Essex Police, gypsy, traveller and rural engagement team said burglars “caused damage by breaking a padlock to enter the yard”.
The team described the tractor as green and yellow.
- 1 Town's annual meeting: Dr's Pond, RideLondon, parking issues
- 2 What I Learnt From My Grandmother in photographs and banners
- 3 Prime Minister's honour for Dunmow duo
- 4 Pictures: The Great Dunmow Summer Solstice Sundown Festival
- 5 School activities and sports in pictures
- 6 Delayed Local Plan sparks Uttlesford development fears
- 7 Met Office weather: Yellow thunderstorm warning for East of England
- 8 Hot cyclists reach Paris after 3 days of pedalling
- 9 Solar farm application decision is deferred
- 10 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
The tractor is a “big and expensive bit of kit just to go missing,” Essex Police southern roads policing unit said in a tweet.
The unit asked anyone who had seen the tractor to call the police on 101.
P Tuckwell’s Facebook post which publicised the incident has been shared by more than 3,400 users.