Raiders target farming firm in Dunmow and steal a John Deere tractor
- Credit: Archant
A tractor was stolen and other vehicles tampered with during a raid at a depot in Dunmow.
The theft is believed to have taken place between 11.30pm on April 27, and the early hours of April 28, at Chelmsford Road, in Great Dunmow.
P Tuckwell Ltd, a company which supplies farming equipment, said it also had other tractors on its site “tampered with”.
In a statement on the company’s Facebook page, published on April 28, the company, said: “Last night, at Dunmow depot, we were broken into, between the hours of 11.30pm and 3am. We have had a John Deere 8420T crawler tractor stolen, AY05 GYX.
“Can everyone keep a look out for this, any information gratefully received. We have also had other tractors tampered with so please be careful.”
You may also want to watch:
The Essex Police, gypsy, traveller and rural engagement team said burglars “caused damage by breaking a padlock to enter the yard”.
The team described the tractor as green and yellow.
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 3 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 4 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 5 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 6 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 7 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
The tractor is a “big and expensive bit of kit just to go missing,” Essex Police southern roads policing unit said in a tweet.
The unit asked anyone who had seen the tractor to call the police on 101.
P Tuckwell’s Facebook post which publicised the incident has been shared by more than 3,400 users.