Queen’s garden party at Essex care home
ELDERLY residents at one of Dunmow’s largest care homes are in line for a right royal treat this summer.
On August 14 Cucumber sandwiches, croquet on the lawn and a Queen look-a-like competition will be the order of the day as pensioners at the Croft House Nursing and Residential Home host their own version of a royal garden party.
Bupa staff at the Braintree Road home plan to lay-on finger buffets, serve high tea and have also invited musician Ray Durrant to come along and perform in the gardens.
Community affairs assistant Caroline Davy said: “It’s posh hats at the ready and everyone is certainly having fun practising bowing and curtseying, drinking cups of tea with little fingers raised in the air and welcoming people with a regal hand wave.
“Amongst all the pomp and circumstance, it’s also a perfect way to appreciate the summer weather and our care homes’ beautiful gardens.”
You may also want to watch:
The party, which will also include a barbeque, kicks off at 2.30pm. For more details call Martine De Carnys on 01371 872135.
- 1 A12 upgrade: 'The people who live here are not being considered'
- 2 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 3 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 4 Helena Romanes homes plan 'harmful urbanisation' says council
- 5 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 6 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 7 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 8 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 9 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 10 Dunmow's Macmillan coffee and cake success despite stolen banner