Queen’s garden party at Essex care home
ELDERLY residents at one of Dunmow’s largest care homes are in line for a right royal treat this summer.
On August 14 Cucumber sandwiches, croquet on the lawn and a Queen look-a-like competition will be the order of the day as pensioners at the Croft House Nursing and Residential Home host their own version of a royal garden party.
Bupa staff at the Braintree Road home plan to lay-on finger buffets, serve high tea and have also invited musician Ray Durrant to come along and perform in the gardens.
Community affairs assistant Caroline Davy said: “It’s posh hats at the ready and everyone is certainly having fun practising bowing and curtseying, drinking cups of tea with little fingers raised in the air and welcoming people with a regal hand wave.
“Amongst all the pomp and circumstance, it’s also a perfect way to appreciate the summer weather and our care homes’ beautiful gardens.”
You may also want to watch:
The party, which will also include a barbeque, kicks off at 2.30pm. For more details call Martine De Carnys on 01371 872135.
- 1 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 2 Dunmow Cricket Club announces new sponsor
- 3 Garden of remembrance opens, part funded by Captain Sir Tom Moore fund
- 4 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 5 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
- 6 Dunmow sign writer's traditional skills are a hit
- 7 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 8 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan
- 9 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 10 Numbers seeking support double - can you help Uttlesford foodbank?