Pudsey delights youngsters at Dunmow Primary School
- Credit: Archant
Children at Dunmow St Mary’s were surprised and delighted when Pudsey bear, himself, turned up at their school on Children in Need Day, Friday, November 17.
They were also amused to see a Containerlift truck arrive.
The youngsters, who came to school in their onesies and pyjamas, enjoyed a special assembly presented as a show by The Laughter Specialists, actors who go into hospitals and special schools to cheer the children up.
Containerlift, a shipping company who sponsor the troupe, arranged for them to visit the school and also fund-matched what the school raised with their non-uniform day and selling Pudsey pins, bringing the total for Children in Need to £1,319.
School spokesman Jess Horrocks said: “The Laughter Specialists’ show was nonsensical and absolutely hilarious. They invited pupils up onto the stage and showed everyone what they do to make children laugh.
You may also want to watch:
“We didn’t tell the children that Pudsey was coming and they were beyond excited, they couldn’t believe that Pudsey had come to their school.”
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 3 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 4 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 5 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 6 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease