Pudsey delights youngsters at Dunmow Primary School
- Credit: Archant
Children at Dunmow St Mary’s were surprised and delighted when Pudsey bear, himself, turned up at their school on Children in Need Day, Friday, November 17.
They were also amused to see a Containerlift truck arrive.
The youngsters, who came to school in their onesies and pyjamas, enjoyed a special assembly presented as a show by The Laughter Specialists, actors who go into hospitals and special schools to cheer the children up.
Containerlift, a shipping company who sponsor the troupe, arranged for them to visit the school and also fund-matched what the school raised with their non-uniform day and selling Pudsey pins, bringing the total for Children in Need to £1,319.
School spokesman Jess Horrocks said: “The Laughter Specialists’ show was nonsensical and absolutely hilarious. They invited pupils up onto the stage and showed everyone what they do to make children laugh.
You may also want to watch:
“We didn’t tell the children that Pudsey was coming and they were beyond excited, they couldn’t believe that Pudsey had come to their school.”
- 1 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 2 Interest in women and girls cricket rises following anniversary event
- 3 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 4 Dunmow's Macmillan coffee and cake success despite stolen banner
- 5 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 6 Felsted collision: Motorcyclist seriously injured
- 7 Community trees and bulbs to help tackle climate change
- 8 Katie Price alleged assault: 32-year-old man re-bailed
- 9 County councillor: Roads and drains progress being made in the Dunmow area
- 10 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision