Public exhibition to display plans for new GP surgery in Braintree
- Credit: Archant
A public exhibition unveiling updated plans for a new GP surgery in Braintree will be on display next month.
The plans, presented by Braintree District Council, are for the area behind the town hall and look set to be for a modern primary healthcare facility to replace the existing Mount Chambers surgery, in Coggeshall Road.
A pharmacy, new bus interchange and high-quality public realm are also in the plans.
The existing surgery, which is one of Braintree’s largest with 13,900 patients, has been campaigning for new facilities for more than ten years after outgrowing its current home.
According to the council, it has, on occasion, had to treat patients in converted broom cupboards.
You may also want to watch:
The public exhibition will be at the town hall from 3-7pm on June 15.
A paper will then go to a meeting of the council’s cabinet to agree investment for the project, before an expected planning application is submitted.
- 1 Garden restoration project joy after public appeal help
- 2 WATCH: Thaxted Morris Men dance together again
- 3 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
- 4 School thanks 'Super Trouper' Carol
- 5 More than 200 people join the search for missing A120 cat, Daisy
- 6 In this week's paper: Dunmow Broadcast on Thursday August 5
- 7 Burglars break into Co-op store
- 8 School class in Dunmow wins national award
- 9 New intake of junior doctors at Broomfield Hospital
- 10 In pictures: Record numbers enter Stansted in Bloom