Public exhibition to display plans for new GP surgery in Braintree
- Credit: Archant
A public exhibition unveiling updated plans for a new GP surgery in Braintree will be on display next month.
The plans, presented by Braintree District Council, are for the area behind the town hall and look set to be for a modern primary healthcare facility to replace the existing Mount Chambers surgery, in Coggeshall Road.
A pharmacy, new bus interchange and high-quality public realm are also in the plans.
The existing surgery, which is one of Braintree’s largest with 13,900 patients, has been campaigning for new facilities for more than ten years after outgrowing its current home.
According to the council, it has, on occasion, had to treat patients in converted broom cupboards.
You may also want to watch:
The public exhibition will be at the town hall from 3-7pm on June 15.
A paper will then go to a meeting of the council’s cabinet to agree investment for the project, before an expected planning application is submitted.
- 1 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 2 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 5 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 6 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 7 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 8 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 9 Dunmow businesses delighted to be back as lockdown eases
- 10 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge