Primary sports competition in Uttlesford
AS part of the Uttlesford School Partnership programme, The Helena Romanes School in Great Dunmow has a summer of sports planned for pupils from its local primary schools.
The primary schools in HRS’s family are Great Dunmow, Dunmow St Mary’s, Stebbing, Felsted, The Rodings, Thaxted, Great Easton, Flitch Green and Great Bardfield.
Events have already taken place including a swimming gala and a kwik cricket tournament.
Six primary schools took part in the swimming gala, with each team consisting of a minimum of 16 pupils from years three to six. Dunmow Primary School ran out winners.
Eleven teams of years four to six pupils took part in the kwik cricket tournament. The winners of each pool were Dunmow St Mary’s girls, Dunmow St Mary’s boys A team and Thaxted boys team.
• June 16, family rounders tournament at HRS, 2-4pm, years five and six from nine primary schools
- 1 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 2 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 3 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 4 Home county tenant exodus drives up London rents
- 5 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 6 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 7 Queen, Alicia Keys and Diana Ross to star in BBC's Platinum Jubilee Party
- 8 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 9 High Roding continue excellent start, as Aythorpe, Dunmow suffer defeats
- 10 A giant snail, sporting success and other school news
• June 23, family athletics festival at Felsted Primary School, 10am-12noon, years one and two from nine primary schools
• June 30, partnership athletics competition at HRS, 10am-5pm, years three to six from 32 Uttlesford primary schools