Primary sports competition in Uttlesford
AS part of the Uttlesford School Partnership programme, The Helena Romanes School in Great Dunmow has a summer of sports planned for pupils from its local primary schools.
The primary schools in HRS’s family are Great Dunmow, Dunmow St Mary’s, Stebbing, Felsted, The Rodings, Thaxted, Great Easton, Flitch Green and Great Bardfield.
Events have already taken place including a swimming gala and a kwik cricket tournament.
Six primary schools took part in the swimming gala, with each team consisting of a minimum of 16 pupils from years three to six. Dunmow Primary School ran out winners.
Eleven teams of years four to six pupils took part in the kwik cricket tournament. The winners of each pool were Dunmow St Mary’s girls, Dunmow St Mary’s boys A team and Thaxted boys team.
You may also want to watch:
• June 16, family rounders tournament at HRS, 2-4pm, years five and six from nine primary schools
- 1 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 2 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 3 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 4 High Easter claim Division Two title with win over Great Bradfords
- 5 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 6 Concerns that Covid lockdowns has caused fitness levels to drop
- 7 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 8 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 9 Dunmow Cricket Club announces new sponsor
- 10 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
• June 23, family athletics festival at Felsted Primary School, 10am-12noon, years one and two from nine primary schools
• June 30, partnership athletics competition at HRS, 10am-5pm, years three to six from 32 Uttlesford primary schools