Primary school children treated to special visit from Thaxted Festival’s resident orchestra
MEMBERS of Thaxted Festival’s new resident orchestra showcased their unique musical talents to pupils at Great Bardfield Primary School last week.
Bassoonist Bob Porter, director of the Brandenburg Sinfonia, was accompanied by Dave Ayre on double bass for a mini concert workshop.
The duo have been touring around schools in Uttlesford as they gear up for an appearance at the Thaxted Festival on July 14.
The aim is to develop classical musical appreciation in local schools and give children an understanding about how instruments work and how music is constructed.
A mini tour around the primary schools has been supported by the Saffron Walden Decorative and Fine Arts Society in celebration of the start of the group’s three-year residency in the Thaxted Festival, which begins on June 22.
You may also want to watch:
The hope is to visit every primary school in Essex once a year during the residency.
- 1 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 2 In pictures: Fun at the 2021 Great Dunmow Teddy Bears' picnic
- 3 In pictures: Post box knitting celebrates Tokyo 2020 Olympics and Tom Daley
- 4 Jobs boost for community as Dunmow's Caremark sees demand surge
- 5 Disabled resident compensated after Uttlesford council 'fault'
- 6 Stansted Airport's summer getaway flight figures
- 7 Former Tring Athletic boss Kevin Christou named as new manager at Dunmow Town
- 8 Thieves swap elderly hospital patient’s ‘precious’ rings with tin bands
- 9 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 10 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex