Primary school children treated to special visit from Thaxted Festival’s resident orchestra
MEMBERS of Thaxted Festival’s new resident orchestra showcased their unique musical talents to pupils at Great Bardfield Primary School last week.
Bassoonist Bob Porter, director of the Brandenburg Sinfonia, was accompanied by Dave Ayre on double bass for a mini concert workshop.
The duo have been touring around schools in Uttlesford as they gear up for an appearance at the Thaxted Festival on July 14.
The aim is to develop classical musical appreciation in local schools and give children an understanding about how instruments work and how music is constructed.
A mini tour around the primary schools has been supported by the Saffron Walden Decorative and Fine Arts Society in celebration of the start of the group’s three-year residency in the Thaxted Festival, which begins on June 22.
You may also want to watch:
The hope is to visit every primary school in Essex once a year during the residency.
- 1 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 2 Dunmow tributes to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 3 Online Young Musician competition launched by Dunmow Rotarians
- 4 Lockdown easing: 'Shop abuse will not be tolerated'
- 5 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 6 Care at home: what is it, and how can it help?
- 7 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 8 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 9 Saffron Walden Musical Theatre Company announces musicals
- 10 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation