Power cut in Dunmow
IT TOOK just 10 minutes to turn Dunmow s High Street into chaos as the entire centre suffered a power cut on Monday morning. Bank machines swallowed cards, traffic lights failed and alarms were set off when power was lost to the High Street, White Street
IT TOOK just 10 minutes to turn Dunmow's High Street into chaos as the entire centre suffered a power cut on Monday morning.
Bank machines swallowed cards, traffic lights failed and alarms were set off when power was lost to the High Street, White Street and Angel Lane, including the Broadcast offices.
A spokesman for EDF Energy said: "Power was interrupted to several thousand customers in Dunmow at 11.14am on Monday.
"Our network engineers restored power to some customers within 10 minutes, and to all customers affected by 11.32am and we are investigating the cause. We would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused."
You may also want to watch:
As the Broadcast went to press EDF Energy was still investigating the cause of the blackout.
Fearing the worst, chairman of the chamber trade and commerce, Mike Perry spoke to the Broadcast moments after the power was lost. "It is all we need on a Monday," he said. "I have a big job to finish off for this afternoon so I hope that it isn't off for long, traders on the Dunmow High Street need to be open and working for as long as possible!"
- 1 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 2 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 5 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 6 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 7 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 8 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 9 Dunmow businesses delighted to be back as lockdown eases
- 10 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
Thankfully, for shoppers and traders alike, the power came back on at 11.25am.