New outreach Post Office for community
- Credit: Saffron Photo
A Post Office service has returned to Newport after 18 months, after a retirement village offered space in their newly built clubhouse.
The outreach service is run by Richard Silcock the Postmaster for Felsted and is available every Wednesday and Thursday from 9am to 12noon in The Lodge on Fallow Drive, off Bury Water Lane.
It's based within Debden Grange retirement village but open to the whole community.
Tom Lee, the village manager, said: “I’m delighted to be able to bring the Post Office service back to Newport. It is such an important facility.
“I would like to thank Richard Silcock, Postmaster for Felsted who is providing this service, and Alan Carr at Newport Stores for helping make this happen.
You may also want to watch:
"After speaking with Alan, who had to withdraw the service from his shop, we agreed Debden Grange was the perfect solution.”
There is visitor parking for those who can’t arrive on foot.
- 1 Katie Price's alleged attacker re-bailed into November, police confirm
- 2 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 3 Fond farewell to Sweetland's butchers after 69 years in the trade
- 4 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
- 5 Wethersfield to house nearly 3,500 prisoners in government plan
- 6 Scouts jamboree fun covers radio skills to Morse Code
- 7 Emergency funding for Essex care homes amid 'acute' staff shortages
- 8 Full house success: Great Dunmow's Last Night of the Proms
- 9 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 10 Pets' Corner: Ben Fogle's plea over Bonfire Night
Mr Lee said they welcome anyone visiting to enjoy a coffee or light lunch during their visit, subject to availability, in line with Covid restrictions.
Post Office regional manager Hayley Brown said: “It is great news.
"It is open to the whole community and not just the residents. We thank Richard Silcock for providing this service.”