Poppylar art exhibition in Barnston to be the first of many
- Credit: Archant
An art exhibition in Barnston was hailed “a huge success” by organisers – and plans are being made to make it an annual event.
Members of the Barnston Art Group displayed their work to the public for the first time at the village hall, which was also raising money for The Poppy Appeal.
The two-day exhibition ended with a raffle draw, with an original watercolour painting of red poppies, titled Remembrance, going to the winner Joyce Ruhl.
It was drawn by the vice-chairman of the Dunmow and District Branch of the Royal British Legion, David Herbert, who was handed a cheque for £213 by Linda Series, the founder of the art group.
Linda said: “The standard of work on display was very high and the atmosphere in the hall was very welcoming.
You may also want to watch:
“We now aim to hold an annual event and from the experience gained this time, we plan to make it even more successful in the future.
“I would like to thank Mr Herbert and the chairman of the legion, Margaret Cole, for giving up their time to make the draw.
- 1 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 2 Interest in women and girls cricket rises following anniversary event
- 3 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 4 Dunmow's Macmillan coffee and cake success despite stolen banner
- 5 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 6 Felsted collision: Motorcyclist seriously injured
- 7 Katie Price alleged assault: 32-year-old man re-bailed
- 8 Community trees and bulbs to help tackle climate change
- 9 County councillor: Roads and drains progress being made in the Dunmow area
- 10 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
“I would also like to thank all the members of the Barnston Art Group who helped make this event possible, giving up their time to volunteer for a duty rota and, most importantly, for making the group the success it has become.”
l If you would like to join the group call Linda on 01371 859446 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.