Poppylar art exhibition in Barnston to be the first of many
- Credit: Archant
An art exhibition in Barnston was hailed “a huge success” by organisers – and plans are being made to make it an annual event.
Members of the Barnston Art Group displayed their work to the public for the first time at the village hall, which was also raising money for The Poppy Appeal.
The two-day exhibition ended with a raffle draw, with an original watercolour painting of red poppies, titled Remembrance, going to the winner Joyce Ruhl.
It was drawn by the vice-chairman of the Dunmow and District Branch of the Royal British Legion, David Herbert, who was handed a cheque for £213 by Linda Series, the founder of the art group.
Linda said: “The standard of work on display was very high and the atmosphere in the hall was very welcoming.
You may also want to watch:
“We now aim to hold an annual event and from the experience gained this time, we plan to make it even more successful in the future.
“I would like to thank Mr Herbert and the chairman of the legion, Margaret Cole, for giving up their time to make the draw.
- 1 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 2 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 5 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 6 New cycle network consultation announced
- 7 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 8 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 9 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 10 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
“I would also like to thank all the members of the Barnston Art Group who helped make this event possible, giving up their time to volunteer for a duty rota and, most importantly, for making the group the success it has become.”
l If you would like to join the group call Linda on 01371 859446 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.