Poppy appeal window display in Essex shop draws many admirers
THE GALLERY on the Park in Great Dunmow has been inundated with admiration from customers due to their front window display.
The shop – just off the new town square – has dedicated the display to the poppy appeal in hope to raise awareness of the charity.
The idea came to owner Louise Poulton six months ago when a customer asked her to frame some military medals for a member of their family.
Mrs Poulton said: “We’ve done a lot of sports medals and things like that in the past so framing the medals was something we were used to. We were really pleased with the final product so we asked the customer if we could have it back to put in the window and they kindly agreed.
“From there we got in contact with the poppy appeal, who were fantastic and very efficient, and before I’d put the phone down Margaret Cole was in the shop with all the information and poppies that we needed.”
Mrs Cole said: “This is the first display of this kind we’ve had in Dunmow and I hope they’ll do it again.”
Mrs Poulton swiftly added: “This is the first time I’ve been involved with the poppy appeal and I’ll definitely be doing it again next year.
- 1 New speed check groups to start: Rayne duo share experiences
- 2 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 3 Outdoor theatre shows for all the family set for the National Trust's Hatfield Forest this summer
- 4 Wins for High Roding, Aythorpe Roding and Dunmow cricketers
- 5 Dunmow Rovers Tigers Under 10s celebrate 'fantastic result'
- 6 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 7 High Roding continue excellent start, as Aythorpe, Dunmow suffer defeats
- 8 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 9 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 10 Great Dunmow's Soapbox Race's thrills and spills in pictures
“The response has been fantastic; it was the customers who told me to get in contact with the newspaper.”