Poppy appeal window display in Essex shop draws many admirers
THE GALLERY on the Park in Great Dunmow has been inundated with admiration from customers due to their front window display.
The shop – just off the new town square – has dedicated the display to the poppy appeal in hope to raise awareness of the charity.
The idea came to owner Louise Poulton six months ago when a customer asked her to frame some military medals for a member of their family.
Mrs Poulton said: “We’ve done a lot of sports medals and things like that in the past so framing the medals was something we were used to. We were really pleased with the final product so we asked the customer if we could have it back to put in the window and they kindly agreed.
“From there we got in contact with the poppy appeal, who were fantastic and very efficient, and before I’d put the phone down Margaret Cole was in the shop with all the information and poppies that we needed.”
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Cole said: “This is the first display of this kind we’ve had in Dunmow and I hope they’ll do it again.”
Mrs Poulton swiftly added: “This is the first time I’ve been involved with the poppy appeal and I’ll definitely be doing it again next year.
- 1 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 2 Broomfield nurse still struggling with Covid-19 after effects
- 3 Holidaymakers fly abroad again out of Stansted Airport
- 4 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 5 Hoarding can cause higher risk of fire, says emergency service
- 6 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 7 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 8 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 9 New cycle network consultation announced
- 10 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
“The response has been fantastic; it was the customers who told me to get in contact with the newspaper.”