Police seek information after three firearms are stolen from a property in Dunmow
- Credit: Archant
Police are calling on the public to help find information about firearms stolen from a property in Dunmow.
Officers were called to reports of a burglary in Stortford Road shortly after 4pm on Wednesday, June 14.
Police say three firearms were stolen from the property, and that they are understood to be licenced.
Det Insp Jim White, from Colchester CID, is urging the public to contact police with any information about the theft.
He said: “It is extremely important that these firearms are returned and that we get back as soon as possible.
You may also want to watch:
“We urgently ask anyone who knows anything about this theft to call us straight away.”
Anyone with information about the burglary, or who may know where the weapons are, is asked to contact Det con Red Leeson at Braintree Police Station on the police non-emergency 101 number, or alternatively to call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or use the charity’s online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org
- 1 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 2 New cycle network consultation announced
- 3 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 4 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 5 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 6 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 7 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 10 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome