Police seek cyclist after van ends up in Rayne ditch
- Credit: Archant
Police are keen to trace a cyclist after a van ended up in a ditch in Rayne and left the driver with serious facial injuries.
The incident took place on Thursday, November 3, at around 4.30pm, on the B1256 Dunmow Road, Blake End junction with the B1417.
The driver of the white Ford Transit van, a 37-year-old man, was taken to Broomfield Hospital in Chelmsford for treatment following the incident.
A cyclist was seen pulling out of the junction before the incident and police would like to trace him.
He is described as white, aged between 40 and 50 years old, wearing grey clothing and was riding a grey or white sports bicycle.
You may also want to watch:
Anybody with any information is asked to contact Pc David Scott, of Stanway Traffic Unit, on 101.
- 1 Secretary of state to consider overturning Finchingfield houses approval
- 2 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 3 Villages around Great Dunmow covered in frost and snow
- 4 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 5 Red engraved gem from iron ring is older than was previously thought
- 6 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 7 Dozens of illegal fishing nets and traps seized during pandemic
- 8 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 9 Seventh flood in Great Bardfield breaks pavement
- 10 Essex County Council approves council tax increase