Police release CCTV images in bid to catch china dog thieves
- Credit: Archant
RESIDENTS and retailers in north Essex are being urged to be on the look-out for two thieves as police release images of the couple in a bid to identify them.
The man and woman entered Petersfield Antique Village on Petersfield Lane, Gosfield, at 10am on Monday March 18 and stole a china dog.
Investigating officer, Pc Michelle Brown, said: “We believe this couple live locally and possibly in the Gosfield to Colchester strip in the north of the county as they were recently spotted acting suspiciously in a department store in Colchester.
“We think they are professional thieves so are warning retailers to be wary of them while at the same time asking people to contact us if they know who they are.
“The CCTV images are of good quality so, together with their descriptions, we hoping this will trigger someone’s memory.”
You may also want to watch:
The man is described as white, 6ft tall, in his early-mid 40s, short dark hair which is greying, speaks with a local accent and at the time was wearing a leather jacket and heeled boots.
The woman is described as white, is in his mid 40s, has shoulder-length dark brown hair and was wearing a three-quarter-length quilted jacket.
- 1 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 2 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 3 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 4 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 5 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history
- 6 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 7 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 8 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 9 Summer art competition for children launched by school
- 10 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
Anyone who knows this couple is urged to contact investigating officers at Braintree police station on 101.