Police raid uncovers cannabis factory in Brick End
- Credit: Archant
Essex Police has uncovered a “professional” cannabis factory in Brick End after raided a industrial unit.
Officers from the force’s Braintree and Uttlesford Community Policing Team obtained a warrant to search the building.
They applied for the search warrant after a report of a smell of cannabis coming from the large unit.
Police raided the site on Monday, October 30, and found multiple rooms where cannabis could be grown.
Around 120 plants were discovered, along with a substantial amount of cannabis in the process of being dried out, a force spokesman said.
No people were found at the site, but investigations are ongoing.
Inspector Mick Couldridge said: “This is a really significant find and the site has the potential to be used to cultivate a large amount of drugs.
- 1 Bardfield cottage transformed into scrumptious-looking gingerbread house for Christmas
- 2 Olympic gold medallist Beth Shriever switches on Finchingfield's Christmas tree lights
- 3 First Sunday in December marked with Live Nativity in Great Dunmow
- 4 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of terrorism offences at Stansted Airport
- 6 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 7 Braintree investment leads to questions about Witham
- 8 Essex buildings are lit up in green for awareness campaign
- 9 'Massive' headliners set to be announced for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up
- 10 Chelmsford: Safety improvements planned at roundabout after Thaxted man dies
“The set-up looks very professional and our officers are likely to remain on site throughout today [Tuesday] to dismantle the growing equipment.
“It is now important that we identify who’s responsible for growing this cannabis, so if you have any information about it I need you to come forward.”
If you have any information please call Braintree police station on 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.