Police investigate serious assault in Great Dunmow
DETECTIVES have issued an appeal for information after a woman was assaulted in Great Dunmow. The distressed young woman was found in a supermarket car park in the town at about 10am on Sunday, March 28. Officers especially want to trace a man who helpe
DETECTIVES have issued an appeal for information after a woman was assaulted in Great Dunmow.
The distressed young woman was found in a supermarket car park in the town at about 10am on Sunday, March 28.
Officers especially want to trace a man who helped the woman and took her to Dunmow police station but left without giving his name.
Det Inspector Dean Chapple said: "We are investigating a serious assault that took place in Dunmow over the weekend and I am keen to identify the man who helped the clearly distressed young woman, wearing a grey top and blue jeans, in the car park of the Co-op store at White Street .
You may also want to watch:
"I need to speak to the man as he may have important information which may assist the enquiry. His swift assistance has allowed us to provide immediate support for this young lady, conduct immediate enquiries and arrest a man."
"I would ask that the man, who was driving a silver BMW car, or any other member of the public who may have been in the area at that time, especially if they recall seeing this young lady to contact Braintree CID on 0300 333 4444."
- 1 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
- 2 Garden restoration project joy after public appeal help
- 3 Gold filling 'worth about £50' found in Tesco granola squares pack
- 4 In pictures: Post box knitting celebrates Tokyo 2020 Olympics and Tom Daley
- 5 Incredible undefeated season at first time of asking for Dunmow Rovers U7 Tigers
- 6 Shooting star: Coward-Holley's road to Tokyo 2020
- 7 EA Festival debut: New festival quenches region's 'thirst for culture'
- 8 Beth Shriever talks Tokyo: 'I'm proof that you can make it'
- 9 Ipswich man to face trial for Braintree car theft and Cheshunt rail incident
- 10 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
A 27 year old man from Dunmow was arrested on Sunday afternoon and remains in custody at Braintree police station.