Police conduct investigation launched following M11 incident
- Credit: Archant
Police appealing for witnesses following a serious collision on the M11 near North Weald yesterday (Thursday).
Officers attempted to stop the driver of a red Ford Focus Ghia on the motorway, before the vehicle left the road between junctions 6 and 7.
The driver, a man in his 40s, was seriously injured and remains in hospital in a stable condition.
The incident has been referred to the Independent Office for Police Conduct, who have confirmed that they will be launching an independent investigation into the circumstances surrounding the collision.
A spokesman for Essex Police said: "Anyone who witnessed the collision and has not yet spoken to officers, or has relevant dash cam footage available to view, is asked to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 101 and quote incident 274 of 1 August.
You may also want to watch:
"Alternatively, you can submit information online at: https://mipp.police.uk/operation/4201020119P01-PO1."
- 1 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe
- 2 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 3 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 4 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 5 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 6 Stations benefit from funding
- 7 Police seek witnesses to two vehicle collision
- 8 Covid jabs have started at Broomfield Hospital's Vaccination Hub
- 9 Rape victim urges others to be brave and tell Essex Police
- 10 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford