Police conduct investigation launched following M11 incident
- Credit: Archant
Police appealing for witnesses following a serious collision on the M11 near North Weald yesterday (Thursday).
Officers attempted to stop the driver of a red Ford Focus Ghia on the motorway, before the vehicle left the road between junctions 6 and 7.
The driver, a man in his 40s, was seriously injured and remains in hospital in a stable condition.
The incident has been referred to the Independent Office for Police Conduct, who have confirmed that they will be launching an independent investigation into the circumstances surrounding the collision.
A spokesman for Essex Police said: "Anyone who witnessed the collision and has not yet spoken to officers, or has relevant dash cam footage available to view, is asked to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 101 and quote incident 274 of 1 August.
You may also want to watch:
"Alternatively, you can submit information online at: https://mipp.police.uk/operation/4201020119P01-PO1."
- 1 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 2 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 5 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 6 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 7 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 8 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 9 Dunmow businesses delighted to be back as lockdown eases
- 10 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge