Police appeal for witnesses after burglars target homes in Felsted area
- Credit: Archant
Detectives are investigating three burglaries and attempted burglaries in the Felsted area.
In recent weeks homes in Felsted, Bannisters Green and Hartford End have all been targeted by burglars, between 10am and 3.30pm.
The first property to be broken into was discovered on Saturday, February 1. Thieves forced the lock to a conservatory door to get in to the house but were then unable to force the kitchen door which was also locked. They then left without taking anything.
A house at Hartford End was then targeted on Tuesday, February 4. Burglars broke into a shed by smashing the door and then tried to use a garden fork to force the rear patio doors but could not get in. Around £150 worth of damage was caused to the shed and the patio doors.
Finally the rear door of a house in Bannister Green was forced. This also happened on February 4. Thieves then made an untidy search of the property before stealing a Rolex watch.
DC Nick Campbell, of Braintree CID, said he would like to hear from any members of the public who have seen, or see, any suspicious behaviour or vehicles in the area.
He said: “We are following several lines of enquiry at the moment but would urge anyone with any information in relation to these burglaries to contact us on 101 and ask for extension 400125.
- 1 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 2 A giant snail, sporting success and live music: school news
- 3 Hannah Mortier returns to boxing to raise awareness of the fight against domestic violence
- 4 Visit Great Yarmouth for a family staycation
- 5 How the proposed energy price cap changes could affect your bills
- 6 Life-saving kit that residents hope they will never use
- 7 Dunmow Velo: New group ride for beginners as RideLondon due
- 8 Musical theatre stars to bring the West End to Saffron Walden in celebration of Rodgers & Hammerstein
- 9 Dunmow pilots airlift medical aid to help Ukraine
- 10 Stebbing Tractor Run: This is the new route for 2022
“I would also ask members of the public to have a timely review of their home security.
“Apart from a good alarm system, there are several easy steps to take to make your home less attractive to opportunistic thieves; leaving a couple of lights on and a radio while on short trips away from the house can be enough to persuade a burglar to look elsewhere.”
He added that further tips on crime prevention can be found on the Be Safe section of Essex Police website at essex.police.uk