Police appeal for information over injured woman
A WOMAN was found with severe injuries after an incident in Wethersfield, near Braintree, police have said.A member of the public alerted police and the ambulance service after finding the woman in Silver Street at 10.30pm on Tuesday.The 35-year-old was
A WOMAN was found with severe injuries after an incident in Wethersfield, near Braintree, police have said.
A member of the public alerted police and the ambulance service after finding the woman in Silver Street at 10.30pm on Tuesday.
The 35-year-old was taken to Broomfield Hospital in Chelmsford with severe head, arm, leg and back injuries but was discharged today after treatment.
Police said the victim was believed to have been injured in an incident about 150 metres away from the village's fire station and appealed for anyone who witnessed it to get in touch.
You may also want to watch:
They also asked for drivers of dark coloured 4x4 vehicles who were in Wethersfield that night to contact police.
Officers also asked for anyone who saw the woman - who was wearing a dark jacket, a white hat and a long green skirt - in the hours leading up to 10.30pm in either Wethersfield or neighbouring Finchingfield to call police.
- 1 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 2 New cycle network consultation announced
- 3 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 4 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 5 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 6 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 7 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 10 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
Anyone with information is asked to contact Pc Martyn Wells at Dunmow Road Policing Unit on 0300 333 4444.