Police appeal for information over injured woman
A WOMAN was found with severe injuries after an incident in Wethersfield, near Braintree, police have said.A member of the public alerted police and the ambulance service after finding the woman in Silver Street at 10.30pm on Tuesday.The 35-year-old was
A WOMAN was found with severe injuries after an incident in Wethersfield, near Braintree, police have said.
A member of the public alerted police and the ambulance service after finding the woman in Silver Street at 10.30pm on Tuesday.
The 35-year-old was taken to Broomfield Hospital in Chelmsford with severe head, arm, leg and back injuries but was discharged today after treatment.
Police said the victim was believed to have been injured in an incident about 150 metres away from the village's fire station and appealed for anyone who witnessed it to get in touch.
You may also want to watch:
They also asked for drivers of dark coloured 4x4 vehicles who were in Wethersfield that night to contact police.
Officers also asked for anyone who saw the woman - who was wearing a dark jacket, a white hat and a long green skirt - in the hours leading up to 10.30pm in either Wethersfield or neighbouring Finchingfield to call police.
- 1 Distraction theft in Dunmow leaves woman without handbag
- 2 Secretary of state to consider overturning Finchingfield houses approval
- 3 Police appeal after clothing theft from donation container
- 4 Villages around Great Dunmow covered in frost and snow
- 5 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 6 Church received £31,000 grant for restoration purposes
- 7 Community helps foodbank under pressure
- 8 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 9 Red engraved gem from iron ring is older than was previously thought
- 10 Olly Murs looking forward to touring again
Anyone with information is asked to contact Pc Martyn Wells at Dunmow Road Policing Unit on 0300 333 4444.