Police appeal for information over injured woman
A WOMAN was found with severe injuries after an incident in Wethersfield, near Braintree, police have said.A member of the public alerted police and the ambulance service after finding the woman in Silver Street at 10.30pm on Tuesday.The 35-year-old was
A WOMAN was found with severe injuries after an incident in Wethersfield, near Braintree, police have said.
A member of the public alerted police and the ambulance service after finding the woman in Silver Street at 10.30pm on Tuesday.
The 35-year-old was taken to Broomfield Hospital in Chelmsford with severe head, arm, leg and back injuries but was discharged today after treatment.
Police said the victim was believed to have been injured in an incident about 150 metres away from the village's fire station and appealed for anyone who witnessed it to get in touch.
They also asked for drivers of dark coloured 4x4 vehicles who were in Wethersfield that night to contact police.
Officers also asked for anyone who saw the woman - who was wearing a dark jacket, a white hat and a long green skirt - in the hours leading up to 10.30pm in either Wethersfield or neighbouring Finchingfield to call police.
- 1 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 2 Dunmow pilots airlift medical aid to help Ukraine
- 3 Life-saving kit that residents hope they will never use
- 4 Stebbing Tractor Run: This is the new route for 2022
- 5 Man dies at the scene of A120 'incident'
- 6 How to celebrate the Queen's Platinum Jubilee in Essex
- 7 Musical theatre stars to bring the West End to Saffron Walden in celebration of Rodgers & Hammerstein
- 8 Dunmow Velo: New group ride for beginners as RideLondon due
- 9 Aythorpe Roding come up short in league opener
- 10 110 homes near Stansted Airport: design and details approved
Anyone with information is asked to contact Pc Martyn Wells at Dunmow Road Policing Unit on 0300 333 4444.