Players have a right old knees-up
A GOOD old fashioned knees-up is in store when the Dunmow Players put on a Variety Music Hall show at Foakes Hall next month. Sue Hartwell, Dunmow Players secretary, said: It s going to be a good, old fashioned night of entertainment that is suitable f
A GOOD old fashioned 'knees-up' is in store when the Dunmow Players put on a Variety Music Hall show at Foakes Hall next month.
Sue Hartwell, Dunmow Players secretary, said: "It's going to be a good, old fashioned night of entertainment that is suitable for all the family."
Among the acts will be performances of James Bond themes, songs with a Parisian lilt, and a good old Cockney knees-up including Lambeth Walk, Any Old Iron and Daisy, Daisy. Other songs will be from the pre-1940s era and will also be a selection of songs with a seasonal feel including George Gershwin's Summertime from Porgy and Bess.
Joseph Mitchell will be showing off his award-winning dance skills and there will be comedy routines throughout the entire evening.
You may also want to watch:
All shows start at 7.30pm from Thursday, March 8 to Saturday March 10. Friday's show is in aid of the Mayor's Charity Community Fund.
Tickets should be booked in advance and cost £10 each, which includes a ploughman's supper. They are available by calling 01371 875093, or filling out a booking form available from the UDC offices on the High Street and Dunmow library.
- 1 WATCH: Thaxted Morris Men dance together again
- 2 School thanks 'Super Trouper' Carol
- 3 More than 200 people join the search for missing A120 cat, Daisy
- 4 School class in Dunmow wins national award
- 5 Garden restoration project joy after public appeal help
- 6 Essex's Ben Maher takes Tokyo 2020 gold
- 7 Incredible undefeated season at first time of asking for Dunmow Rovers U7 Tigers
- 8 Gold filling 'worth about £50' found in Tesco granola squares pack
- 9 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 10 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader